Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Sunday, May 20, 2012

do I dare share a deep and dark secret?


It is not deep dish at all, its thin crust! My pizza crust, the one I use most of the time?  The wife tells me three things:  first, that it is the best pizza I make.  Second, that it is like a thin cracker crust and third that I can indeed share it with you.  OK, here it is then, from Bob's Red Mill.  Tasty whole grain goodness!
Here are a couple nice items out of the kiln Saturday morning, looking very bright and cheerful....

9 comments:

Mr. Young said...

Great berry bowls!

smartcat said...

Love those berry bowls.

Bob's sure does have some good recipes! I'm told the brownies are to die for!

Barbara Rogers said...

I haven't said anything lately about your glazes, have I? They are really tops...that blue going to lavender is sooo nice. Cool!

Michèle Hastings said...

the green and lavender is a cool combo and thanks for sharing the pizza dough recipe.

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Gary! I knew you would come through in my time of pizza crust need. I've yet to find a recipe that I like and we can all see the evidence on your blog that you are the pizza crust master. I'm trying this when I get home...have been thinking about a series of pizza posts for my blob.

Love the Penny photo in the header and you know I'm already a fan of those berry bowls. Happy weekend!

Lori Buff said...

Love the berry bowls, I do mugs with a similar glaze combo and they are hot sellers. I bet the same will be true of these bowls.
I might have to try this pizza dough recipe tonight.

smalltownme said...

I've been looking for a crackery pizza crust recipe -- thanks for sharing.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Thin crust pizza is always tops....yours looks fabulous.
I really love the color combos on this batch; bellisimo!

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I love yellow peppers--my homemade hummus pizza with yellow peppers, artichoke hearts and mozzarella is my fave, but I would love to try yours someday!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.