Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

twin pies!

 OK, so, I wanted to make something I imagined existed--applesauce pie! Basically, you are thinking, what could be easier than applesauce baked somehow in a pie crust?  IT IS that easy and tasty tasty tasty...would be even easier, but I make my own applesauce and pie crust, even still, sooo easy tasty! Seen here at our breakfast just now with scones, last night making it with pizza--
YES, i sometimes bake with eggs, but never meat or dairy....
Spike got into the cupboard...and was stealing dog treats? Does he need dog treats????

Chat (6)

AND OH YES here are some test tiles of decorating schemes I am working on....

15 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

I have many apples left in my freezer- time for applesauce.
I have a family recipe for applesauce cake that is super good!

Mr. Young said...

I like those test tiles Gary!

smartcat said...

Oh yum! for the applesauce pie. I'm imagining a few cranberries and nuts thrown in.
Yes, of course kitties need dog treats. In this house anything Winter wants is fair game for the cats.
The test tiles are so cool......great designs and glaze!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

I should add that the applesauce I had made was full of spice and raisins and apple chunks, but you could add anything. Imagine if you bought a jar of applesauce and a premade crust--it would take you about 3 seconds to make this delicious pie!
Also, people say "how do you make all that and stay thin?". WELL, that pizza there is our dinner last night and lunch today, the pie serves for breakfast for a few days. Neither of us has a very big appetite. Quite small, actually, as we are both about as big as 11 year olds, but we totally enjoy a tasty item :)

Barbara Rogers said...

Yum, what a nice way to start the day.

Michèle Hastings said...

does Spike really eat the dog bones?! I suppose by the size of him I should assume he does :-)

Gary's third pottery blog said...

usually the cupboard is latched closed for safety!

Lori Buff said...

yummy, I would have thought about making a tart or scones not pie, well done.

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Yum! You are on a serious roll with tasty cooking these days. I would also add that one of the reasons you and your lovely wife are thin and healthy is that you eat real, good for you food and not a bunch of processed crap.

Spike, as always, is awesome!

Joyful Things said...

Have you ever given us the recipe for your pie crust? Do you use shortening or ?????

The tiles are great and the clay coil eyes are wonderful!

smalltownme said...

If I had a dog, Homer would be after the dog treats for sure.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

Joy, it is my mother's pie crust recipe, simple, uses oil and soy milk. I will share it. I am going to try an oat crust soon!

Joe Troncale said...

Spike ripping off Penny...
I can see a mug decoration in this...

Busy Bee Suz said...

My oh my...pie pie pie!!
Spike needs to refrain from the dog treats. I'm just saying :)

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I love homemade applesauce--I used to make it all the time. The smell of the apples is almost the best part!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.