Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Its not easy being Green Days, Sam I am..... ;)


(new mug by Gary Rith)
SO, like I was saying yesterday, trying a new decorating scheme under my jade glaze, eh?  Gonna run with it, looks so FUN!!!
Speaking of green...I have been trying to think of clever "green eggs and ham", "its not easy being green" and all that....you can see below, aside from cats and pasta, my green shirt which matches that mug up there...the wife made me that awesome shirt from scratch!  My neighbor paul was going past yesterday and he is like "GREAT SHIRT!"  it is.
So is this pasta, green green green!  Apparently last summer this avocado pasta recipe was floating around the internets getting raves...oh my, it is so tasty---you will wonder why you EVER ate anything else at all. Basically a wonderful mix of guac and pesto, sort of.  I baked bread to go with it. Recipe follows.....


I make it a little different from the original.


Ingredients: for 2 people
  • 1 medium sized ripe Avocado, pitted
  • 1/2 lemon, juiced + lemon zest to garnish
  • 3 garlic cloves
  • ~1/4 cup Fresh Basil
  • 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • one cup  dry pasta 
  • Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • several grape tomatos and olives for topping
Directions:  
1. Bring  a couple of cups of water to a boil in a medium sized pot. Add in your pasta (I use less than the original recipe, because I am dding tomato and olives), reduce heat to medium, and cook until Al Dente, about 8-10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, make the sauce by placing the garlic cloves, lemon juice, and olive oil into a food processor. Process until smooth. Now add in the pitted avocado, basil, and salt. Process until smooth and creamy.
3. When pasta is done cooking, drain and rinse in a strainer and place pasta into a large bowl. Pour on sauce and toss until fully combined, top with tomato and olive. Garnish with lemon zest and black pepper. Serve immediately, can't save leftovers. Makes 2 servings.

9 comments:

Lori Buff said...

OMG that sounds yummy. I will definitely be making this.

Go Green Gary!

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Heck yeah! I'm going to try this for sure! Avocados make everything better.

Michèle Hastings said...

that sounds like a great summer meal
Nice shirt, Maude is so talented!

Barbara Rogers said...

I love just about anythng avocadoes are in.

smartcat said...

That sauce is so pretty it looks good enough to eat! The world is a bit better with avocados.

Joe Troncale said...

Just e-mailed the recipe to my wife! (She loves avacados!) Could be a Memorial Day dish!
Great decoration!

Knight said...

I love the new jade glazing thing you are doing. Very cool.

Julia said...

It's the best time of year to cook GREEN! Another wonderful recipe...

And LOVE LOVE LOVE the deco under the jade glaze.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Green is KING!!!!!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.