(new mug by Gary Rith)
SO, like I was saying yesterday, trying a new decorating scheme under my jade glaze, eh? Gonna run with it, looks so FUN!!!
Speaking of green...I have been trying to think of clever "green eggs and ham", "its not easy being green" and all that....you can see below, aside from cats and pasta, my green shirt which matches that mug up there...the wife made me that awesome shirt from scratch! My neighbor paul was going past yesterday and he is like "GREAT SHIRT!" it is.
So is this pasta, green green green! Apparently last summer this avocado pasta recipe was floating around the internets getting raves...oh my, it is so tasty---you will wonder why you EVER ate anything else at all. Basically a wonderful mix of guac and pesto, sort of. I baked bread to go with it. Recipe follows.....
I make it a little different from the original.
Ingredients: for 2 people
- 1 medium sized ripe Avocado, pitted
- 1/2 lemon, juiced + lemon zest to garnish
- 3 garlic cloves
- ~1/4 cup Fresh Basil
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- one cup dry pasta
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- several grape tomatos and olives for topping
1. Bring a couple of cups of water to a boil in a medium sized pot. Add in your pasta (I use less than the original recipe, because I am dding tomato and olives), reduce heat to medium, and cook until Al Dente, about 8-10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, make the sauce by placing the garlic cloves, lemon juice, and olive oil into a food processor. Process until smooth. Now add in the pitted avocado, basil, and salt. Process until smooth and creamy.
3. When pasta is done cooking, drain and rinse in a strainer and place pasta into a large bowl. Pour on sauce and toss until fully combined, top with tomato and olive. Garnish with lemon zest and black pepper. Serve immediately, can't save leftovers. Makes 2 servings.