Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Friday, May 18, 2012

a whole lotta green


OK, so above?  You will recall I mentioned finding a squirrel skull...such a tempting photo subject! With some fossils I found around our house....upstate NY was once a massive ocean...
Below?  Penny and I were at Cornell's wildflower garden....the huge leafed thing seems to be called GREEN DRAGON...and makes my beagle look SMALL! The sign does not warn that the plant will eat small animals and children....


This rather extravagant bench, sculpture and sundial is outside the wife's office, we had a picnic there Thursday...


Pretty teapot with a bamboo handle, hmm? The wife told me "you got it all right here!"


You may need a pretty frog mug, on sale now at my etsy gallery!frog cup

14 comments:

Joe Troncale said...

Good thing Penny didn't know that was a Venus Beagle Trap plant!
Great teapot as always!

Joe Troncale said...

The bamboo handles are the bomb...

smartcat said...

It's a time for GREEN!

Great teapot!

Lori Buff said...

wow, the ferns are bigger than Penny also.
The bamboo handle does look nice, it works well with that glaze.

Busy Bee Suz said...

I love that dogs are welcome to wander in those gardens...and I love the non dog/child eating plants.
That skull? kinda creepy and kinda cool too.

pminnihan said...

Out of curiousity could you glaze the skull ?

pminnihan said...

Out of curiousity could you glaze the skull ?

Barbara Rogers said...

My favorite part of your teapot is the spout. What do you suppose the griffin has to say to the beagle, or vise versa? They definitely look interested in each other.

Michèle Hastings said...

that teapot certainly has EVERYTHING going for it!
i would have taken that skull home too... it would go great with the other three hanging in my living room (steer, large goat of some sort, and horse jaw bone).

Gary's third pottery blog said...

I don't think you could glaze the skull--bone ash is sometimes used as a glaze component, suggesting that something happens to bone at high (2200+) temps, as in, it melts somehow :)

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

That teapot is fabulous! I love the speckles on the glaze of the top and lid. Lovely flower/beagle pics too!

Knight said...

That skull is the coolest. I need it.

Julia said...

Love both the teapot and the mug. AND what a perfect place for a picnic in the sunshine.

Linda Starr said...

your greens are great and I am drooling over those large leaves what couldn't do with them.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.