Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Monday, May 7, 2012

green meanies....

I gave myself a mug this morning...just 20 minutes ago! I was in the studio last week making other things and was like "do a squared off mug with checkerboard, etc....a little like our little plates...".
It came outta the glaze kiln just now and I was like "MINE!".  Spike had his eye on my breakfast...thinking "MINE!"....
He is rather cute and charming....

I have a customer who really likes berry bowls.  I prefer multi-purpose bowls, but certainly understand the ease and appeal of one nice medium-large bowl, dump in the blueberries, rinse thoroughly, then set it on the dish on the table....this is the first I have made like this...with a frog!

14 comments:

Mr. Young said...

I'd keep that mug too!

smartcat said...

Cool mug! Those berry bowls are pretty neat too. Spike looks like he needs some breakfast.....yours looks to good to pass up!

Michèle Hastings said...

i like the little feet on that mug, an excellent choice for a keeper.

Lori Buff said...

I love the feet too, make lots more.

Barbara Rogers said...

Cool mug...and berry bowls. You and Spike enjoyed a good breakfast!

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

I just finished my oatmeal eaten from a Gary bowl. :)

jojoaruba@gmail.com said...

My wife was away at a family wedding this week-end in Wisconsin, so it was not PARRRR-TEEE, it was POTTTTTTERRRREEEEE!
Mugs, bowls, firing, pugging! Such glory! (I did miss you, Dear, but I had to make the most of your time away...)

Joe Troncale said...

Sorry, I forgot to sign in.

Joe Troncale said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gary's third pottery blog said...

I don't think signing in is absolutely neccessary :)

Reverend Awesome said...

I've never heard of berry bowls, but that makes sense. That's pretty clever! And those are some cute berry bowls.

Busy Bee Suz said...

More berry bowls?? LOVE them!!!!
Spike is quite the lap sitter. :)

helen said...

What lovely shade of green - like jade.

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

I have a Gary Berry Bowl and love it! works great for washing and storing veggies in the fridge so I have something healthy to snack on rather than raiding the bag of chocolate chips. :)

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.