Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Sunday, May 13, 2012

the boy who kicked the hornet's nest....

Me and the wife went to see THE ARTIST last night, and good golly, it is tremendous! And the dog, oh my, where is his little Oscar?????? We got these pics of ourselves on the way over to Cornell Cinema (seeing a movie about the 1920s and 30s in a cinema built in the 1920s, a fancy old fashioned cinema = PRICELESS.)
Yesterday was gorgeous and hot, and I watched with alarm as wasps built a nest on our front porch.  I woke up this am very early, thanks to the wee beagle who sees daylight and hears birds and is READY TO GO!  I was gonna go back to bed, but you know I wanted to kill those wasps, and so I did...out front, cars driving past, me in my jammies killing wasps (who were, in the cool temps, quite sluggish, which was the plan)
Happy Mother's Day to you all!

9 comments:

Hilary said...

Wonderful photos of you two.

Mr. Young said...

Nice shirt there Gary!

Michèle Hastings said...

The battle of the bees! we fight that one too. Thank you for the Mother's Day wishes.
You guys look great, and look at all those lush leaves.

Barbara Rogers said...

If you were a woman, I'd tell you red is your color. oh heck, red looks really good on you!

smartcat said...

Get those bugs while they're young; they only become worse.

Great photos of you and yours!

smalltownme said...

Uggie did win a Golden Collar Award.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/14/golden-collar-awards-2012_n_1276182.html

Ioana-Carmen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Knight said...

Oh yeah that movie was seriously fantastic.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Lovely photos....and I'll remember your good review of the movie!
Love your t-shirt Gary!!!!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.