Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Friday, May 4, 2012

the haiku monster strikes...

Three cups coffee and the haiku monster attacks and leaves me begging for mercy.  The wife visits the sisters Saturday and...


The wife goes out of
Town Saturday, and I will
Play Metallica.
She goes to New York,
To MY favorite hangouts,
I will clean the house.
When she is at my
Favorite bar with a beer,
I am vacuuming.
Spike cat and Penny
Beagle will join in watching
Caddyshack.....again .... :)

Some of you will recall I was talking about how much I LOVE bamboo handles for teapots....they are expensive, and different from cane handles...cane is just a plain surface, bamboo has the texture...then you wire them onto your piece...this awesome turquoise teapot with terrier just came outta the kiln....
I was down at Aurora Art and Design Thursday....awesome Jacci runs the place and is a huge supporter, what a great gallery in a great town, half an hour up the lake....I see photographs of myself sometimes and think "maybe I should comb my hair from time to time..."

9 comments:

Joyful Things said...

I've said it before but I'm saying it again - you do make beautiful pottery - I love the terrier lid!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Love the haiku...you are so darn funny. And domestic!
Love the bamboo handles.
Combing your hair is so overrated. :)

gz said...

now I just thought that cane handles were made from bamboo....

Gary's third pottery blog said...

no matter what cane handles are made from: when you buy handles from my supplier, CANE means just a straight, no-texture handle, BAMBOO has the texture...that is all I know :)

Elizabeth Grimes said...

Hope your wife has a nice trip. The bamboo is a really nice touch!

Unknown said...

Your haiku is funny, the little teapot is awesome! Loving the terrier!

Joe Troncale said...

I detact a little jealousy in the haiku...Maybe you should go along for the ride and have a beer.
Great pottery! Great hairdo!

Joe Troncale said...

Oh! You weren't invited??
Sorry...

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

I got Gary's card
Mother (of cats) Day should be
A new holiday!

Thanks for the awesome card!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.