Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Saturday, May 26, 2012

the BIG ICK factor.....



Hey, I warned you! I have these nice photos of everything I baked and cooked...but I don't think we want to look at that in this post...someone would puke....
As a married straight male who has never used dregs, gone to Europe or Africa, had socks with men OR prostitutes OR been paid for socks OR contracted hepatitus from Tac0 Bell AND who has O negative blood which EVERYBODY can use in an emergency...you KNOW the red cross never lets me rest.  They are all over me...just for my blood.  I gave the double red yesterday, which means I only go half as often.  It seems a little less traumatic than regular donations....when I finished, the guy with the sign up list pushes it at me ...gently at first...then pushes it at me again, gives me a pen...for the NEXT time I can give and is like "see you in a couple of months"

OK, so I walk out of the blood drive, a little nauseous actually, and feel better in the fresh air.  Return home, grab the beagle and take the walk....and the nausea is BACK! Just up the street "dead skunk in the middle of the road, middle of the road..."




10 comments:

Fortune Cookies said...

Um, is Penny licking her lips at the sight of that roadkill?? lol

cookingwithgas said...

I have an ick picture for you on my blog!
You are a good man to give!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

YES Penny is licking her lips wanting that skunk :0
OH, btw, I have also NOT had secks with a mad cow....

smartcat said...

You are good to give. I hope the skunk is not tooclose to your house. Their presence does linger!

smalltownme said...

Uuuugh. I've had a lot of ICK around lately...got one more critter post next week.

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

You're beyond the expiration date on recent tattoos?

Good for you for giving. I'm A Pos. Everybody has my blood type.

JB said...

Dead skunk in the middle of the road was the first song I learned on the guitar. I have never seen nor smelled a skunk. My only experience is "Peppy La Phew" Good work with the blood donations!

Busy Bee Suz said...

You never had socks? NOt even socks in Africa?? :)
You are so funny.....and awesome to share your goods.

Michèle Hastings said...

hurray to you for giving blood on a regular basis!

Hilary said...

I can't say I've ever known a skunk to take that song so literally before.

Good for you for donating.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.