Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Thursday, November 17, 2011

speaking of adorable beagles....

I had a chat with Santa:
me: "I wanted that coffee pot from Bloomie's, but they messed up. I was a very good boy this year, too!"
Santa: "hmm"
me: "as a matter of fact, I took the bull by the horns and MADE US a coffee pot...its cooking today. Last I checked, 2022 degrees, finished in a couple of hours"
Santa: "hmm"
me: "Sooooo.....since I was good all year......?"
Santa: "hmmmmm?"
me: "OK, you aren't making this easy and don't tell me you're busy. You work one night a year and the elves do the rest of the the work..."
Santa: "HMMMMMM?!"
me: "sorry, sorry, but hey, let me make things easy for you. We are all adults here."
Santa: "hmmmm?"
me: "Yeah, so, I want an UNDERDOG TEE for Christmas. I can order it and do all the work for you. You just put it under the tree next month. Deal????"
Santa: "hmmmmmm....."

(later that same week)
me: "It arrived! it fits! penny's winter coat matches!!!! Do you really have to hide it till next month??????"





7 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

I am thinking the wife needs to make a U and sew it onto Penny's winter coat....

Unknown said...

Oh wow, Underdog T and the darling Penny Purebred....wonderful. I do love the T and Penny's coat. You are quite the "Dapper and Yapper" pair...lol lol :)

~ Sil in Corea said...

You are the COOLEST PAIR!!! <3 <3 <3

Reverend Awesome said...

I ordered a Forever Lazy a couple nights ago. It's the time of year where you just want early Christmas presents! We've been good!

Anonymous said...

Hooray for Santa! :)

My husband has asked for a new mountain bike. I just KNOW that if we get it now, he won't be able to wait until Dec. 25th.

k.a. barnes said...

I love "Dapper & Yapper."

smartcat said...

You both look so spiffy in your SUPERDUDS! I have been suspecting that Penny has some super hero blood. She just looks that way.

When I saw the post heading I thought Spike had had a disastrous run in with cake/ plate or both. Happy to see such was not the case.

Do you have a recipe for the Blueberry Torte?

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.