Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Thursday, November 24, 2011

some of you have been asking about my slippers...

I was like, without consulting anybody,
"the heck with pumpkin pie! I want chocolate cake for Thanksgiving!" and you will recall that I recently made us a small yellow cake stand....and here they are together...its a pretty big, badass cake for a small cake stand, wouldn't you agree? Vegan, no eggs or butter, just chocolate, chocolate, chocolate as far as the eye can see. I am glad the wife has a big appetite because otherwise I wouldn't know what to do with it (the wife also feels about chocolate the way I feel about peanut butter :) Based on this recipe.

Yes, we do some untraditional things for our holidays, it is the anarcho-punk way. I like to make cranberry apple crisp, and we shall have some for breakfast.....I had a picture of last night's sweet potato burritos but it was blurry---another twist on traditional Thanksgiving foods. We are making cashew stuffed jalapenos for Thanksgiving dinners...which is probably as far from turkey as you can get :)
In other news, many of you will know about the secret of the slippers. I will not say any more, except to show my collection here--nearly 20 years ago I asked the wife to turn my pair of grey slippers into mice, and then about 12 years ago I asked her to turn my red slippers into dogs. She is pretty handy with a needle :)

6 comments:

denis said...

The slippers are cool and the desserts look delicious!!! I'm going to forward your cake recipe to a friend who is also having a vegan thanksgiving.

Elizabeth Grimes said...

I like untraditional on Thanksgiving. :) Have a great one!!!!!

Hilary said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and Maude.. and all the critters too.

-Rob, Simple Circle Studios said...

I never felt it necessary to have certain foods for certain holidays/times of the year. Eat what you want, when you want. Cashew stuffed jalapenos sound like a delicious addition to Thanksgiving. That being said, I am going to go eat turkey and sweet potatoes, then play football.

Cheryl said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and Maud and of course the dogs and cat. Thanksgiving to me isn't just the food..its the nice feeling that comes from stopping to reflect. However I would LOVE a piece of chocolate cake! The slippers are amazing!

Anonymous said...

cat slippers shouldn't be a big problem for your talented wife....

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.