Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

ginger cashew carrot fat cat....

We were talking last night, speaking of Spike cat, saying that CAT is in the word CONTRARY don't you agree? No surprise is it????
You can dig Spike cat's extensive sprawl here, and the super duper sugar bowls I made, but look below! A RECIPE for carrot ginger cashew soup, holy cats, soooooooo awesome!*




*carrot ginger cashew soup, done my way

--saute an onion, few cloves garlic, a couple tbs fresh ginger, as it sautees:
--chop 1 1/2 pounds carrots and toss them in too--sauteeing total will be at least 15 minutes, soften things up then
--pour in a cup of white wine and 7 cups broth (veggie broth!) and start it to a boil then
--reduce heat, cover and simmer 45 minutes and then
--add 2 tbs lime juice, 1 1/2 cups cashews and pour into a blender and puree baby, puree!!! you can keep the soup warm in the pot on the stove while
--prepare some noodles, we had these Chinese cellophane noodles which are perfect and beautiful, and prepare a green veg--the original recipe asks for green onion, but I just diced green pepper
--put soup in bowl, put some noodles on top, then add some green stuff then eat! A MILLION times tastier than you could EVER imagine, and super easy to make :)

12 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

where is mine! YUM- you eat like kings!

Jill Brown said...

Wow that sounds yummy!

Michèle Hastings said...

that soup has so many of my favorite things in it.. i shall have to try it. PAPIO! my favorite monkey wine, can't seem to find it lately.
oh... do you use unsalted cashews?

Gary's third pottery blog said...

UNSALTED cashews, yes :) papio is soooo cheap and the bottle soooo cute!

Unknown said...

A soup with all my favorite things in one bowl. That sounds really fabulous. My Mom used to make a creamed Cauliflower soup, it was heaven. Also did potatoe soups...mmmmm Another favorite of mine is bean soups..mmmmmm! Love those veggie soups! :)

Alfred said...

Mmmmmmm! Be right over with my fork...

Joyful Things said...

The soup looks and sounds delicious but what I am drawn to the most is Spike! That is one loved and contented cat.

Busy Bee Suz said...

You had me when you added WINE!!!!!

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

I'm definitely going to give this one a try! Love the picture of giant Spike. He could give Big Gus our 20+ pounder a run for the money.

Cheryl said...

Oh how delicious!

Anonymous said...

I'm going to print off this recipe for my husband. You guys cook alike! And I REALLY want to try that soup. YUM!!

Plush Tiger said...

That is one quick dinner you have there. Thanks for sharing. Can i use spaghetti pasta instead of those white pasta ?

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.