Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Baking Love....



You're like "what does the pig stuff have to do with baking?" and it doesn't, really, but it is a nice mug, hmmmmm? CanNOT have too many pigs, oh noooooo....

Me and the wife were in Boston one day and saw the heart cookie cutter and, well, it gets a lot of use. I loooove baking and loooove baking scones. I have been debating sharing my scone recipe with you. I have my secrets. This is like, the secret every MAN should have: how to score chicks through scones! Because, OH YES, it was through these scones that I won the heart of the wife.....and win it again all the time....

well, alright.

Gary's scones
-preheat oven to 400
-in large mixing bowl, put in 8 tbs margerine, microwave 27 seconds
-add large egg, STIR, add 1/2 cup yogurt--I use soy yogurt--stir some more!
-dump in 2 cups flour--if it seems sticky, you may add more flour
-stir in 1/3 cup sugar
-stir in 1 1/4 teas. baking powder, STIR!
-add dried cranberries or raisens or nuts or all of that!

Turn mix onto floured counter, knead like bread. You may have to add flour if its sticky. Roll out flat nearly an inch thick and cut into wedges or use a heart cookie cutter.....lay scones onto cookie sheet and bake 9-10 minutes. Check at 9 minutes for golden edges, they will start to burn easily, careful!

8 comments:

CiCi said...

I can adapt this to our wheat free by using almond flour or coconut flour. Thanks for giving it up and sharing the recipe.

Busy Bee Suz said...

So nice of you to share!!!! I love that you love baking...especially for your sweet wife!!!!

Joyful Things said...

I love scones. and that pig mug - spectacular! is that a tongue sticking out of the pigs smiling face?

Unknown said...

Yessirree It's all about the love. I too use my molds and cutters from pottery to bake with....I love baking too, I am gonna make some Kolaches, mmmmm scones are yummy!

Lori Buff said...

Great breakfast, a heart shaped scone and coffee from a pig mug. What a great way to start a day.

Unknown said...

Yummy scones! The pig mug is awesome!

Elizabeth Grimes said...

Awwwwww! Sweet as can be! :)

Anonymous said...

I love my heart-shaped cutter. Four of them together (pointy-ends, that is) make a super-cute pie crust topping.
I might have to try it with scones now!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.