Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Saturday, November 26, 2011

jammin'

Many of you will remember we were out late one July evening at the farm picking raspberries in the 96 degree heat...it had been 100 earlier....and got a boatload of my FAVORITE berries and froze a bag of them...to make into jam when it is not 96. We do this in the summer--freeze a measure of berries to make jam over the holidays when it is cooler to make jam, plus it is, you know, a taste of summer. The wife had also picked and frozen strawberries, and yesterday was the day...I am famously impatient and bad with this operation, so she clearly has to run the show: you can ruin jam easily. I was taking pics, per usual, and there were screeches of "don't blog this!" which I am sure she did not really mean..... in other news, I was fiddling around and got an excellent new green-blue glaze scheme idea, and gave the wife the mug below, super nice, and finally, potters will laugh when they see that Spike's favorite bed is a clay box set on the heat vent .....


8 comments:

Michèle Hastings said...

i don't know how non-potters survive without an endless supply of clay boxes... they are so versatile!

~ Sil in Corea said...

Love the color scheme on that mug! What a happy cat! ;-)

smartcat said...

Love seeing Penny up on the header!

Love the idea of making jam in winter....a breath of summer. Beautiful mug!

My three kittys are lined up at the desk slider drooling over the squirrels invading the bird feeders. Now that we are dogless squirrels and others are sort of a problem.

Busy Bee Suz said...

The Tom Petty song: Quit Jammin' me was going through my head!
Spike is getting his sun ON!!!

Lori Buff said...

Beautiful mug, I do one with a similar color scheme and it's a best seller. I hope the same for yours.

Cheryl said...

Oh my gosh I do love the header photo! Yay! As for the mug, its bee-yoo-tee-full!!

Glennis said...

BTW - Penny is a doll!

Anonymous said...

1) homemade jam!!
2) M is wearing a Moosewood apron?
3) Penny with lights! :)

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.