Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Monday, November 28, 2011

20 years plus.....

Before I talk 20 years, you will notice we were walking around Cornell's campus goofing around Sunday...why not? It has been so warm! I went to Bennington which has what some people call the prettiest campus on earth....but others would say Cornell has the prettiest campus on earth...both groups would be correct. They are both very beautiful places.

ANYWAY, me and the wife met on a campus NOBODY would ever call beautiful, when we were graduate students at University of Illinois at Chicago. Much of Chicago is beautiful, although UIC had some pretty spots, most was sorta dark and utilitarian. I was happy there though, and the wife ran the ceramic studio and gallery where I messed around...and it was 22 years ago this week that I met her. 1989!!!! We were friends for awhile, but it was ALSO this week, 20 years ago, that we had our first outing in 1991. Not a date, really, yet, but we started palling around outside the studio 20 years ago this week....(and got married 13 months later, Christmas 1992 :)



9 comments:

gz said...

I like that tower!

Lucky both of you, a big hug and many years to come
xx gz

smartcat said...

Like Penny under the feet!

Elizabeth Grimes said...

Love your love story! Sweet pic of Penny and the Christmas lights. :)

Lori Buff said...

Congratulations!

Unknown said...

Congratulations Gary and Maude. Really nice to hear your love story. 20 years sure goes by fast doesn't it. It seems when two people love each other the time just zooms by. Great photos also, I also love the tower, and the funny pics of Maude getting walked by Penny! Nice post....

Busy Bee Suz said...

Such cute and happy photos....20 years of FUN FUN FUN!!!!

Reverend Awesome said...

Congratulations on 20 years! Wow.
HAHA! Look at Maude and Penny, Penny is so stubborn!

Glennis said...

I love seeing the Cornell campus again!

Anonymous said...

Loving that windy pic toward the bottom with M & Penny.
Cornell does indeed have a pretty campus.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.