Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

the most fancy teapot you have ever seen in your life

Many of you will recall that this summer I started making car jars...wheel thrown parts assembled into a sculptural car shaped pot. Its complicated.
I was sitting there with the wife having the beer:
she: why are you sitting there with a distant and dreamy smile?
he: I just got an idea!
she: ???
he: OK, what if you made a car teapot...that rolls for real???

And I did. Wheels not attached in this pic, windows not finished and not fired yet, but this gives you an idea of its awesomeness....and fired and finished car jars in the lower pic....


9 comments:

Unknown said...

You are amazing! And so is this teapot!

Elizabeth Grimes said...

At first glance, it reminded me of Cinderella's stage coach! :)

Unknown said...

Absolutely brilliant Gary! I love your cars.

Patricia Griffin Ceramics said...

you MUST enter these in the Lark upcoming teapot book! Cool!

Unknown said...

Oh now that is a winner for sure! I defy anyone to come up with a more whimsical, charming teapot. Great work Gary, and you should enter that baby...spectacular!

smartcat said...

Move over Herbie....the Puppy Pot is here. It looks like it will zoom right off the table!

Reverend Awesome said...

Imagine sitting at the table, "Roll me the tea pot, please!"

Busy Bee Suz said...

That is amazing!!!!!!!

red dirt girl said...

You're the bees knees, Gary! AWESOME cars.

xxx

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.