Gary's Third Pottery Blog
"I'll light the fire, you place the flowers in the vase that you bought today." --CSNY
Wednesday, August 24, 2011
the story of wee Johnny
My doctor tells me some months ago when I turned 45 "you should come in for a physical" and I am like "I had one a few years ago, when I was 40. I will be back when I am 50." And she is like "you should come every year. You have your car inspected every year!" and I was like "hmmm", thinking I will come now, then when I am 50. Twice a decade should be good enough, as long as I remain a superb specimen of the human species, feeling like I am in glowing good health.
We chose our doctor when we were new to town and given a list--I loved her name! She has the prettiest and most interesting name, and her office is nearby. Turns out she is our age and fantastic, and, well, you later think to yourself "this one lady has, um, put her hands onto me and my wife, in, well, intimate places....she has boldly gone where no spouse would go" you could say.
You don't want to look all nasty when you are having a physical, which made me notice my grotty toes. I trimmed those nails, buffed them to a shine, good as new! BUT, the socks never came off, how disappointing! Shouldn't a physical include the FEET, at least a brief glance? But, well, she was thorough in every other regard, of course, COUGH.
I unloaded all the crap from my pockets when they weighed me. Nurse probably wondered why there was a camera in my pocket. And they tell me I have grown! I am 5 nine! The wife tells me, in a matter of fact way "but they didn't tell you to take off your shoes!" but its kinda fun to feel like I have grown from five 8, even if it is fake. I am sitting here feeling faint-ish, needing my breakfast but s'posed to go give blood.....
Now, as for wee little Johnny. What a useless item those little tops are, aren't they? Not even worth stealing.
- ► 2015 (182)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- the MOTHER of all cute little pots.....
- boatload of CLPs
- speaking of peaches...
- CLP and BFF
- CLP or the little gem....
- party party par-TAY!
- blood and guts, skull and crossbones....
- the story of wee Johnny
- more wag, LESS BARK!
- a cat's tail.......
- grand day out at the fair.....
- Saturday = Rotten Groton!
- Thursday night art par-TAY!
- killer eggplant!
- making a little gem.....
- keeping it simple!
- beauty and beastliness...
- off to Aurora where I was a VERY BIG DEAL....
- all that and muffins too
- Chinese-ish cucumber salad with the tri-color mena...
- the tiger is DEAD!
- heading to the zoo and other such shows.....
- fistfuls of tums....the haiku
- sleeping beauty.....and beastie bowls!
- Mickey and Minnie GO DOWN
- blogging anniversary: 5 years?! 5000+ posts..........
- "we're RICH!"
- probably the biggest cat you have ever seen in you...
- bunch of beastie bowls
- "Le Lapin Mechant" by Tardy Rearwhig
- rotten Groton and the BEASTIE BOWLS
- roasting veggies....
- turquoise bowl and then some....
- Buster Boo
- over in Aurora.....
- ▼ August (36)
- ► 2010 (616)