Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

roasting veggies....


A couple of days ago Amy comes over with a bounty of herbs, squash, eggplant, tomato, garlic and onion from her huge garden or small farm..which I have told you about. My fridge was stuffed mightily! I am reminded of the joke from, I think, Prairie Home Companion, in Minnesota in summer you have to keep your car doors locked otherwise people will be dumping free bags of zucchini in there....

OK, so it is a miracle coincidence then that Meredith blogs a roasted vegetable recipe for pasta or rice that uses EXACTLY the contents of my fridge, and it made the house smell spectacular, it was beautiful, and it tastes incredible.
(the wife has been begging, BEGGING for triple chocolate cookies. I am famous for them. I tend to withhold cookies at times, see how desperate I can make her, how supremely grateful she is after she has them, you can see I did those before the veggies so I could warm the oven just once...and please the lady....)
=note, I used many shakes of the balsamic vinegar, not measured, and instead of salt I used a few shakes of soy sauce

Roasted vegetables:


Squash,eggplant,onions,garlic,tomatoes,about 1/4 cup olive oil, balsamic vinegar,salt,pepper,fresh herbs.
Roast at 400 for 20 minutes covered.
Uncover and roast for 20-30 minutes until very creamy- serve with rice or pasta- or as a side...

8 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

Hey Gary and is it not the best way to prepare all the summer fare!
I have done this stove top as well but in the oven it is the very best all creamy and yummy....
And I bake bread after so double duty on the oven.
I would do cookies but we are cookie free right now- due to not having your super-man metabolism.
Here's to good summer eats!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

thank YOU Meredith! as far as 'creamy' goes, it seems like it means veggies are soft and tender looking, roasted looking but not yet burned :)

Knight said...

As soon as I find decent produce I'm making this. It looks amazing!

Um.... are you really talking about baking COOKIES here Gary? ;)

Unknown said...

Oh, my mouth is watering! I love roasted veggies!!!

Elizabeth Grimes said...

Sounds delicious (and healthy)! And I cannot BELIEVE you're from Lincoln too! WOW! :) Go big red!

Unknown said...

Now that is vegalicious for sure! The Bomb! Yep, the truck stand opened up at the farm, you know we will be there, oh yeah, love those fresh vegs, without pesticides, or weirdly handled...yummy for sure! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Busy Bee Suz said...

I could live on this meal.every.single.day!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.