Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Saturday, August 6, 2011

blogging anniversary: 5 years?! 5000+ posts.......

I started blobbing five years ago. There are, if you count this blog, the 2 that came before it whose memory I used up plus where I started on Myspace (not sure where that thing went to, it was under another name) there are over 6000 posts total. In the early days, many of those posts were simply Beastie Boys music videos. But, this has been a representative week: every day for five years, 1-3 posts about my pets, pottery, recipes, photos, the little details of my life.

You can click the links at the bottom of this blog to go back in years. I NEVER do. I really don't care what I was doing, where I was going, etc. I like to rely on my memory which is very selective ;)

In early days, I do remember the wife never wanted to be included, but slowly I have worked her in. Also, the only other constant: CM. CM became a friend through my blog on myspace the first day and she still is, and we have all gone to Canada to see her and she has come here. As a matter of fact, I have met DOZENS of bloggers face to face thanks to this, and it is wonderful, so thanks to all of you :)

Dig new pots, fresh outta the kiln.....

11 comments:

gz said...

Congratulations!
I'm only a little over 500, going on steadily.

Blogging has opened up a new world, getting to know people we thought we'd never meet. Then getting to email and meet blogfriends too is marvellous!

cookingwithgas said...

Hands down and glasses raised- you have us beat.
And I am so glad Maude comes along on some of the post.
You are a lucky man!

cm said...

Has it really been that long? Although I suppose in the grand scheme of things, five years is but a blink. (Jeez that's profound for this early. Need tea...)

Mr. Young said...

and I feel lucky that I have 68 posts! Wow Gary!

Paul said...

Happy Blogiversary!!!!

jbf said...

Congrats! Here's to another five!

Busy Bee Suz said...

6000 posts??? Oy vey.
Love the new mugs Gary!!!
Happy blobbaversary.

Unknown said...

Happy Bloggaversary from George and I also. We love you and adore your blogs, you have truly changed our lives in so many ways, we so look forward to you making us laugh, and adore seeing all your new pottery...so wonderful! Thanks for the Blogs, and thousands more to come we hope! :)

kate et jim said...

Happy Blogversy - Glad we met, Gary. It was nice to meet in person, too!

Miss Heather said...

YAYAYAY! I love your blog and I love you and M so much!! (And those skull mugs are FANTASTICAL!)

Reverend Awesome said...

I'm so happy you're on you're 5 year of blogging!! Keep pushing your greatness out onto the Internet! And thanks to Maude for being included into our lives. She's a wonderful addition to the entire world! And the Internet!
(All the pottery is pretty great too.)

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.