Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Friday, August 12, 2011

Chinese-ish cucumber salad with the tri-color menace

You probably don't think its funny that my beagle was sitting on my lap at dinner time on the back deck and she crawled onto the table to lick plates and I laughed and took photos....my wife didn't think it was too funny either...

ANYWAY, you will remember that last week the wife came home with 8 cucumbers and I talked about making tasty Thai cucumber salad. We are still eating tasty cukes, and here is a recipe that I have adapted that is wicked tasty for all those tomatos filling up your garden too....

chop 2 medium-small cucumbers into serving bowl, wash and add 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, dice half of a purple onion or use a few green onions diced, 3 tablespoons, more or less, of walnut

In second bowl, pour in 1/4 cup balsamic or rice or red wine vinegar, 4 teaspoons sesame oil, many shots of tabasco, shakes of black pepper---whisk mixture, pour over veggies, stir it all around then serve and YUMMO!


5 comments:

~ Sil in Corea said...

I've heard that dogs have 'antibiotic saliva' so they are very good dishwashers. I *think* it's true!!!

Busy Bee Suz said...

That looks amazing....and even Penny likes it!!!!!

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Walnuts are a great idea. A great idea that I'll be stealing now.

Reverend Awesome said...

I love that you have a vase with fresh flowers on your outside table. So fancy!

Summer said...

That, sir, sounds mighty tasty.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.