Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Teapot Tuesday and toads.....

I find myself barely awake this morning. Still in my dreams...where, as I am so often lately, back teaching at the school I worked at in the mid-90s.  The building was different and I spent the whole night trying to find my classroom.... this just after finishing Henry James' THE POTRAIT OF A LADY.  It is an extraordinary book.  I LOVED it.  But it is also an extraordinarily WORDY book, as is his style, and no doubt Hemingway's stripped down style in the following generation of American writers was inspired by the windy passages of James..... but you just have to accept its style as you do of other historical pieces, and enjoy it for what it is, a novel about a young woman who is admired for her fresh and independent mind who marries a sh!t.

SO, Monday I have all these experiments coming out of the kiln, and my goodness they ALL turned out well...here is a froggy teapot and have a great Tuesday!


6 comments:

smartcat said...

That teapot is SIMPLY AWESOME! Love the way it works as a whole with a frog yet! That glaze is gorgeous and is perfect for the pot! Is this one of your show pieces?
Keep telling us your dreams; I feel like you are describing movies!

















bartster said...

Is that frog going for the tea? These are such fun and I like how the handle seems to echo the form of the pot.

Lori Buff said...

It sounds like you had Christmas in your studio. Congratulations.

Barbara Rogers said...

I love seeing the speckles in the glaze. It's gorgeous. Frog is froggy.

Anonymous said...

I read The Ambassadors a couple years ago and really enjoyed it. It's good to dip into the old classics and read the old-fashioned way they used to write, isn't it?

Trish said...

VERY nice, Gary.. and I believe I will check out the book.. :) T.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.