The wife is writing 25 random things about herself Saturday...and, well, it gets me thinking. She has only HERSELF to blame that I spent Sunday breakfast NOT talking to her at the table, but scribbling 25 notes instead.
I challenge YOU: go to comments, give us 3 quick random things about yourself, and if you are REALLY on the ball, tell us you are gonna go to your own blog and make it 5, 10, 15, 25, whatever, random things about yourself! The world wants to KNOW!
So here is my list of 25 random things about myself....and down below, let's have some pound cake too, hmmm?
1) I think pigs are hilarious and cute. BIG SURPRISE.
2) I love teapots. But tea? A distant second to strong coffee.
3) I am a very lazy housecleaner--I like it clean, but get bored cleaning the house VERY quickly.
4) I looooove frijoles! something like this http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/main-course/mexican/crock-pot-frijoles-charros-mexican-beans.html
5) I listen to Celtic and country music every Sunday, but ONLY on Sunday http://www.wvbr.com/saltcreek and www.thistleradio.com/
7) pineapple: my favorite! Put me on a desert island with pineapple and peanut butter and I am SET.
8) I like to run, but am the slooooowest of my friends--first mile to last, exactly the same slow speed, but hey, I am moving! We ran Sunday afternoon...gale force wind, snow, below zero with wind chill, the most miserable run of my life, but a fun time with my buddies :)
9) Performance today is my afternoon date every day. Live classical music! www.npr.org/programs/performance-today/
10) I love applesauce, apple pie, apple jam, YES, apples and spice rival or exceed my love of pineapple.
11) I usually have oatmeal and...applesauce for breakfast number 1. After the morning run is breakfast number 2, usually pb and j.
12) I like to doodle and draw but like so many things I do I have no technical skill or training or patience for it. But I DO have fun!
13) Bike = spring = JOY!
14) I love tidy food like calzones and burritos--the whole meal wrapped up nicely!
15) I love visiting the Maine coast. We honeymooned there in a castle 20 some years ago http://landvestblog.com/2011/01/07/camden-main-real-estate-news-portland-magazine-chooses-norumbega-castle-in-camden-as-house-of-the-month/
and when we lived in New Hampshire, a short hour's drive away, we visited York beach and Kittery and Ogunquit all the time. I miss it and look forward to being a millionaire and going back...
16) As some of you know I am a Quaker. The wife came with me once to her first meeting for worship and told me later "you hadn't mentioned that we sat in silence...for an hour". OOOPS! There is a certain quiet humility that you admire in Quakers. I wish I had it! I try to be more calm and quiet, something to strive for! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quakers
17) I am currently reading "Restoration" by Rose Tremain http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Restoration_(Tremain_novel).
It is so good, when she has her character eat apple fritters, I WANT to eat apple fritters (see my post and recipe fr0m a couple of days ago about apple fritters), AND the pound cake seen below. Good literature is so inspiring!
18) When it is 12 degrees and my dog is dawdling over smells on the path, I am NOT patient...
19) I like using my own pots the best. It is not narcissitic but experimenting with my work, thinking about it. I think about what I am creating all the time, and using my own work is part of that. Other potters' work sits in places of honor upon the shelf.
20) First time I met the woman who would become my wife, she was SO PRETTY I could not look her in the eye. I stuttered out a quick greeting and ran off. Luckily, our paths crossed again later...
21) I ignore the cat when he gets hungry and weaves around my feet meowing pitieously and grabbing my hand..until it is actually the time to feed him.
22) Is there anything better than cinnamon?
23) There are times I think New Order embodies the very best of all 70-80s new wave music http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHYOXyy1ToI
24) Maybe Talking heads Remain in Light, Prince's Purple Rain and Rolling Stones Some Girls are my 3 favorite albums of all time BUT Led Zeppelin gets my blood pumping http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlNhD0oS5pk
25) My wife makes me so happy. I am so fortunate!
and now, as the wife said when she did this "Now I can write anything I want!" as if the whole thing was not, you know, anything you want ...
Bonus: 26) I like chardonnay. That doesn't make make me seem like a wimp? A yuppie??? A METROSEXUAL????
PS--27) I am ashamed to admit that I have a big bureau holding my tee shirt collection, including one drawer full of 2-3 dozen Life is Good tee shirts.... http://www.zappos.com/life-is-good-men-t-shirts~1?zfcTest=mm%3A0%2Cipp%3A0
Like I was saying, Rose Tremain's book is so enjoyable, she has me wanting to make some of the food in it. She mentions her characters love of LARDY CAKE, which I took to be a type of pound cake. I looked up vegan pound cake, came across the link below and oh MY it baked up tasty and wonderful! Lardy cake is actually a little different from pound cake as it turns out, I discovered later (who cares!).
Are you vegan? If so, how have I missed that? I've been reading your blog for quite some time now.
2. I agree entirely.
18. I once read a description of a dog sniffing the ground, while on a walk, is the canine equivalent of a human reading the newspaper. I am rarely a patient person, but it really helped me slow down, for the sake of our pup.
22. Things better than cinnamon: dill, chocolate, fresh snow, snuggly babies, sea salt, sleep. Cinnamon is high on the list, though!
My random things about me:
1. I could bake cookies everyday for the rest of my life, but given my druthers, I'd never make another pie crust again.
2. I (not so secretly) hope to have another set of twins someday. I wonder if you can request twins through an adoption process?
3. I've never flown in an airplane and am terrified to do so, but fear isn't what has stopped me from flying.
I think I have another 20 or so randoms to right up for a post tomorrow!
Hmmmmm....three things that come to mind:
1. ice cream is a basic food group
2. I'm glad tea is legal, because I would drink it anyway!
3. I love cow creamers.
4. Why does Aloysius sit on my shoulders and bite my ears when I am at the computer!
Welcome Sandra, golly, nice to meet ya! I am vegan *
def. no meat or fish of any kind, no dairy, *but I do bake with an egg or honey once in a while
I'm in, I'll post the 25 on my blog tonight or tomorrow since this morning is Meatless Monday. But as a teaser:
1. I have visited all but 6 states in the US
2. I don't own a television
3. Coffee might be my favorite beverage
1. If it were okay, I could sit alone the rest of my life.
2. I talk to myself all the time. See number 1.
3. I always thought I would write a novel, but I'm afraid of the work. If you don't do the work, the dream never becomes the reality.
4. I have a wonderful, perfect, handyman husband.
5. Sometimes I think Big Jimmy (my Goldendoodle) is the only living thing that understands me.
6. On a happier note, I love to work in my garden in the early morning with the bees buzzing in the flowers.
Okay, I could go on, but I'll stop now. Enjoy your blog Gary. I always thought the Quakers had the worship of God just right.
1. I am a lefty
2. I always wanted to have at least one more kid.
3. Never lived anywhere but NH until I made the big move to North Carolina almost three years ago.
4.When I was a kid I spent an hour or more drawing everyday. I created a whole secret world on paper that I hid under the couch with my drawing board. I went through a LOT of paper!
5. I love cheese (and Wallace and Gromit).
Oh you list people! Yesterday I learned about 5 Happy Things...thinking up just 5 things that make me happy, then integrating them and sharing. Such fun!
Thanks albug and all the rest of ya :) I don't have a TV either :)
I should also mention, i am a patient dog walker, of course! Except snuffling around when it is 12 degrees outside....that can make me less patient.
Wow a tough one. Here are somethings you might be interested in knowing about me, maybe not...lol lol lol
I adore animals, and due to my Asperger tendencies, humans sometimes seems so illogical and really stump me!
I always carried a 4.0 average in school and college. I couldn't understand what was the problem with others.
I burn myself out, no matter what I attempt to tackle. I was an Equestrian for many years, played musical instruments, drumming my favorite for now, and did serious Ballet, pointe work for years.
I am a typical type A personality, and carry the same blood type...lol lol
I love to laugh, and do it all the time. I have had so many jobs, too numerous to mention. I quit them, was never fired. Once again, burn myself out!
Been married to George for 45 years this year.
For me it's all about detail, can't get enough of it. Probably due to my Autism I am sure.
I deplore violence of any kind, hate those that seek revenge, can't understand war, politics, etc...it all seems like a stupid waste of time to me.
Worked very hard all my life, burned out my body now. lol lol it's the price you pay! Trying to learn to just enjoy myself now. 60 years old. Can't believe I made it this far....
I am usually hated by all men in my area. Works for me, I can't stand 1950's Redneck types. Bore me to tears. Been told by many men, "Can't you just be a pretty girl"? NOPE sounds boring to me...lol lol
Hope this didn't bore you! lol lol lol
This reminds me of something we saw on line at "Soul Pancake" where people who had not known each other sit in a box with rubber balls and some have a question on them, like "what was your biggest life lesson". I enjoyed that feature very much. Here are three randoms: I'm the sixth of seven children (of my dad's...three of four of my mom's). I'm quite tall for my age. Happily married for 18, going on 19 years. Here's a bonus...we're American and live in Canada.
Is it weird that your #5 and #9 surprised me? They did.
Also, Chardonnay is a manly-man wine. I know, because is my dh's favorite white wine.
Here are 3 quick randoms about me:
1. I grow piles of papers and other kinds of mess in various places about the house. Basically, if it is a flat surface, it WILL become a growing surface for a pile.
2. I know that #1 is a problem, but by the time it bothers me, it is such a HUGE problem that I can hardly get started on it.
3. I cannot stand a messy backyard. Go ahead and play with toys, stick-fight, whatever, but when you are done, everything needs to be cleaned up. (This apparently does not apply to the laundry line, which stays up year-'round.)
#21 - you are a strong strong man.
1. I like spoilers. This irritated my son so much that he made me promise I would not peek at the end of the last Harry Potter book. Then he never finished it. So I could not discuss the ending EVER until he saw the movie.
2. 30th anniversary this fall.
3. Yesterday I ate the bacon we were saving for the cat. Shhhhh. Don't tell Homer.
I love your 25 items.....you never get old to me. :)
1. I have a soft heart and cry at almost anything that touches me. Which is pretty much everything under the sun.
2. I can't watch the news or graphic tv because anything violent/evil will never leave my mind.
3. I am so fascinated by solar outdoor lights now. I have about 10 of them around our house and I check on them each night to admire their beauty?? yeah, pretty wacky. Yes. I should get a life.
Post a Comment