WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Wednesday, June 27, 2012
"these will outlive you"
Let me explain: Mary here, has the magic fingers. Ever had the dentist or hygienist from HELL? I have. The hacking, the chopping, the BLOOD AND GUTS! In your mouth. Mary = SUPER GENTLE.
To explain further, I had the same dentist from about age 15, when the dentist was fresh out of dental school and we were about his first patients at his first job, with admittedly some breaks for living in Chicago and New Hampshire and then back here, but lets just understand: I sorta had the same dentist about 30 years. He is bald now. For some reason, he decided to buy another dentist's practice across town, who was retiring. Breaking up the partnership he had here with Dr. K___. He was taking on those patients and bringing along his own...so, you know, an amicable divorce of dentists, right? He just wanted to help those other patients and fly solo or something. ANYWAY, despite 30 years of seeing him, when we heard he was moving cross town the question was "but where will MARY BE?". Mary stayed with Dr. K_____....and we shrugged off my history with the dentist, without a backward glance (as wonderful as he has always been) to stay with Mary. (side note...I was at a concert 2 months ago and...who was playing guitar? Dr. K___...wow! Talk about magic fingers!)
OK, so Mary tells me yesterday "these teeth will outlive you!" which is a massive compliment. She says it is refreshing to see somebody so healthy who tries to take care of their teeth. I tell her "I floss! I brush all the time! Plus, my dad had gnarly teeth which my sister inherited and her daughter inherited, but I inherited my MOM's perfect teeth". Which is how life is sometimes....I also did not inherit my father's bald dome....
Mary was like "a picture BEFORE of your teeth...and after".....
Hey, check out these cat pots I made!!!!
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- cat puke on the flip flop: a true story told in haiku
- oat muffs and doggy mugs
- EEEK! Next week?
- "these will outlive you"
- that bird sure does get around....
- Monday's with Penny.....
- who cares about Bambi, lookit that teapot!
- why do you go to garage sales and buy junk when yo...
- put a ...Godzilla on it!
- put a bird on it, the final answer!
- put a CAT on it!
- FAVorite day of the year
- double chocolate vegan, gluten-free AMAZING cookies
- the terrible Tuesdays haiku....
- putting the A$$ back in A$$LESS chaps!
- my gals
- great pair!!!!
- turtle Thursday! and put a bird on it....
- the homecoming.....
- she has an ID tag...
- Monday dose of awesome CUTENESS
- like watching paint dry on a '70 Ford Mustang....
- day 2...or is it 3?
- Pottery Pals: 3 Potters 3 Bloggers
- filthy thoughts....
- the bachelor blues in haikus
- the big beer mug challenge!
- the wife says "my own personal cat in the hat!"
- pigs at the trough....
- the usual disaster in the making...
- on Monday morning my head feels like it is stuffed...
- in which we go to a beautiful wedding and you see ...
- 25 years ago...and hanging out with (people who kn...
- Penny = LOOOOoooove
- I swear its true:
- ▼ June (36)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)