Well, maybe June 1 is my FAVorite, with the 3 great months ahead, but June 20, the longest day of the year is AWESOME. 96 degrees or something like that here today...and HUMID! Felt pretty good, though, living here, as we do, on a riverbank, breezy and at least 15 degrees cooler. Visitors will notice we have no air conditioning....never have....usually it is so cooooooold.
Anyway, love it all. I got these pots made today, super excited about them, and got them out into the sun to dry with the laundry....and finally finished a couple parts of my new FAIR display...left is wine crates now hinged on a yellow board. It folds flat in the car, opens up to be shelves bolted to my table, clever, eh? on the right another yellow board, but with hooks, to hold wall pieces then also bolted to my table....have an awesome evening!
Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Wednesday, June 20, 2012
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- cat puke on the flip flop: a true story told in haiku
- oat muffs and doggy mugs
- EEEK! Next week?
- "these will outlive you"
- that bird sure does get around....
- Monday's with Penny.....
- who cares about Bambi, lookit that teapot!
- why do you go to garage sales and buy junk when yo...
- put a ...Godzilla on it!
- put a bird on it, the final answer!
- put a CAT on it!
- FAVorite day of the year
- double chocolate vegan, gluten-free AMAZING cookies
- the terrible Tuesdays haiku....
- putting the A$$ back in A$$LESS chaps!
- my gals
- great pair!!!!
- turtle Thursday! and put a bird on it....
- the homecoming.....
- she has an ID tag...
- Monday dose of awesome CUTENESS
- like watching paint dry on a '70 Ford Mustang....
- day 2...or is it 3?
- Pottery Pals: 3 Potters 3 Bloggers
- filthy thoughts....
- the bachelor blues in haikus
- the big beer mug challenge!
- the wife says "my own personal cat in the hat!"
- pigs at the trough....
- the usual disaster in the making...
- on Monday morning my head feels like it is stuffed...
- in which we go to a beautiful wedding and you see ...
- 25 years ago...and hanging out with (people who kn...
- Penny = LOOOOoooove
- I swear its true:
- ▼ June (36)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
Sounds like a wonderful day!... The shelving is clever! Good idea!
The (annual) Longest Day is wonderful, indeed.
I still have memories of playing volleyball until 9:45 in the evening, up in central Maine, one summer solstice. It was the first time I became clearly aware of that moment in twilight when shadows disappear and everything becomes curiously "flat." We had to stop playing. Binocular vision is not the largest part of our "depth perception."
I love your new yellow. The wine crate idea is pretty neat.
Tomorrow is the best day of the year...Jim's and my anniversary...we got married on the solstice and longest day of the year (that year) so we could have more time to party.
Post a Comment