WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Thursday, June 14, 2012
turtle Thursday! and put a bird on it....
and suddenly she is selling white covered dishes with...a bird on top! Customers contact me "do you do birds?" or "can you put a bird on it?" which is not hard to do, but crap on toast, maybe I am not IN THE MOOD TO PUT A BIRD ON IT?????? ***
But maybe sometimes I AM in the mood to put a bird on it, and I had the idea to try to make some turtle items I had not made before, and I thought I could put a flippin' bird on it...turning the knob on top into a bird. I did a good job, had a good time, but that sh!t is OUT of my system for now...(not the turtles, I plan to make a lot more jars like left below seen with turtle teapot and small turtle coin banks) but I remain more of a FROG PERSON and likely will put frogs on future turtle jar knobs...
By coincidence, I rescued a REAL turtle Wednesday, see below! He was in the road, I moved him to the river bank behind our house....
Then there was the whole cinnamon roll thing....remember I made St Lucias' cats a couple of weeks ago? That is an excellent dough, so I endeavored to roll it out, sprinkle cinnamon on it, roll it up, slice, bake, top with cinnamon sugar :) OH BOY!
*** I have said this before: customers and their kinky requests! Customers need to realize "I may want a bird on it, but Gary might want to make a frog on it, genius is just that way..."
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- cat puke on the flip flop: a true story told in haiku
- oat muffs and doggy mugs
- EEEK! Next week?
- "these will outlive you"
- that bird sure does get around....
- Monday's with Penny.....
- who cares about Bambi, lookit that teapot!
- why do you go to garage sales and buy junk when yo...
- put a ...Godzilla on it!
- put a bird on it, the final answer!
- put a CAT on it!
- FAVorite day of the year
- double chocolate vegan, gluten-free AMAZING cookies
- the terrible Tuesdays haiku....
- putting the A$$ back in A$$LESS chaps!
- my gals
- great pair!!!!
- turtle Thursday! and put a bird on it....
- the homecoming.....
- she has an ID tag...
- Monday dose of awesome CUTENESS
- like watching paint dry on a '70 Ford Mustang....
- day 2...or is it 3?
- Pottery Pals: 3 Potters 3 Bloggers
- filthy thoughts....
- the bachelor blues in haikus
- the big beer mug challenge!
- the wife says "my own personal cat in the hat!"
- pigs at the trough....
- the usual disaster in the making...
- on Monday morning my head feels like it is stuffed...
- in which we go to a beautiful wedding and you see ...
- 25 years ago...and hanging out with (people who kn...
- Penny = LOOOOoooove
- I swear its true:
- ▼ June (36)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)