I SWEAR its true: I saw an elderly couple in front of a big old pinkish house (Ithaca, Cayuga St, approx. across from Kinneys) helping each other into the house...80+, and it was so sweet, like UP-the house, the couple etc, and I was like "THAT is what I want to be when I grow up".
And speaking of cute couples, Saturday we go to a wedding: the couple has been dating 13+ years...since they were 12 years old!!!!
OK, this bowl? Last week I have 2 AWESOME visitors to the studio. I am showing off, I have a big chunk of clay, I make a huge bowl....and later? Because one of the visitors has a beagle too? I make a beagle on the rim...eating the bowl....
(new pottery by Gary Rith)
Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Friday, June 1, 2012
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- cat puke on the flip flop: a true story told in haiku
- oat muffs and doggy mugs
- EEEK! Next week?
- "these will outlive you"
- that bird sure does get around....
- Monday's with Penny.....
- who cares about Bambi, lookit that teapot!
- why do you go to garage sales and buy junk when yo...
- put a ...Godzilla on it!
- put a bird on it, the final answer!
- put a CAT on it!
- FAVorite day of the year
- double chocolate vegan, gluten-free AMAZING cookies
- the terrible Tuesdays haiku....
- putting the A$$ back in A$$LESS chaps!
- my gals
- great pair!!!!
- turtle Thursday! and put a bird on it....
- the homecoming.....
- she has an ID tag...
- Monday dose of awesome CUTENESS
- like watching paint dry on a '70 Ford Mustang....
- day 2...or is it 3?
- Pottery Pals: 3 Potters 3 Bloggers
- filthy thoughts....
- the bachelor blues in haikus
- the big beer mug challenge!
- the wife says "my own personal cat in the hat!"
- pigs at the trough....
- the usual disaster in the making...
- on Monday morning my head feels like it is stuffed...
- in which we go to a beautiful wedding and you see ...
- 25 years ago...and hanging out with (people who kn...
- Penny = LOOOOoooove
- I swear its true:
- ▼ June (36)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
It is wonderful...I feel like it's a Winnie bowl now!! I had a freind over the other night and I was showing off your pottery and she said Wow you have quite a collection...I let her know I've only just begun, thank you for a wonderful visit, I'll wait to see the bowl at Jacci's.
Cute bowl, I hope it doesn't give my dogs any ideas.
Thanks for the sweet story.
cute! love the multi shaded glaze too.
Yes- I love the look of love- sweet older couples helping one another=love!
I love where you are going with the animals eating rims!
The bowl is adorable!
Have fun at the wedding...they have quite the love story don't they? I wonder who long the 80+ couple have been together? 90 years???
(second try to leave commenT) Hi Gary...your bowl with little dog is precious...and the idea of animals eating their dishes...hope that catches on with people, and the animals continue to not eat the real dishes, if you know what I mean.
Post a Comment