WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Saturday, June 2, 2012
25 years ago...and hanging out with (people who know) famous people
I went to Bennington College, Peter Dinklage did too, more on him below. He started just after I graduated, which was 25 years ago today! 25 years ago I graduated from college, how did that happen????
Here is a picture of me spring of 1987 with my bunny...yes, I had a bunny when I was in college....
also, me and my buddy Alex on graduation day, June 1987---holy cats, 25 years....Alex was my friend from the first moment in college, lived next door in a suite of freshman boys. Nearly all of us who lived in that suite in 1983 are still good friends. Below me and Alex is part of my senior show.
OK, the point about famous people? My buddy in the pics below, Kerry, is hanging out with me Thursday. She is on her way to Bennington College's graduation because a) her godson who is also her cousin graduates today and is the student speaker and b) he, his mother, and my pal Kerry are all friends with...Peter Dinklage! From the same town and all that. Last night, I swear I am not making this up, Kerry is at the college partying with Peter Dinklage..... suddenly it seems like a small world, eh?
anyway, here is us Thursday, with her dogs...she gave me a bunch of tomato plants, yessssss....
and it is sorta obvious what somebody said about me yesterday, referring to my 21 year old self versus now: I lost the baby fat! I guess I did....I still have all that hair, just shorter now...and can't read telephone books or street signs anymore, but glasses suit me....
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- cat puke on the flip flop: a true story told in haiku
- oat muffs and doggy mugs
- EEEK! Next week?
- "these will outlive you"
- that bird sure does get around....
- Monday's with Penny.....
- who cares about Bambi, lookit that teapot!
- why do you go to garage sales and buy junk when yo...
- put a ...Godzilla on it!
- put a bird on it, the final answer!
- put a CAT on it!
- FAVorite day of the year
- double chocolate vegan, gluten-free AMAZING cookies
- the terrible Tuesdays haiku....
- putting the A$$ back in A$$LESS chaps!
- my gals
- great pair!!!!
- turtle Thursday! and put a bird on it....
- the homecoming.....
- she has an ID tag...
- Monday dose of awesome CUTENESS
- like watching paint dry on a '70 Ford Mustang....
- day 2...or is it 3?
- Pottery Pals: 3 Potters 3 Bloggers
- filthy thoughts....
- the bachelor blues in haikus
- the big beer mug challenge!
- the wife says "my own personal cat in the hat!"
- pigs at the trough....
- the usual disaster in the making...
- on Monday morning my head feels like it is stuffed...
- in which we go to a beautiful wedding and you see ...
- 25 years ago...and hanging out with (people who kn...
- Penny = LOOOOoooove
- I swear its true:
- ▼ June (36)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)