Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Monday, April 30, 2012

fried pizza versus porkchops....


The mugs up there?  Awesomeness.  If I may say....they have a cat on there that I have been drawing lately, and these are the first mugs with him.

I made fried pizza again this week.  You will recall exactly a week ago I made it the first time, after the NY Times did an article on fried pizzas at restaurants.  We are not talking deep fried southern, but Italian:  a little olive oil in the pan and a couple minutes crisped each side  to give a nice rich crust on there.  Somebody commented recently that it is excessive and fatening.  WELL, maybe deep fried pizza at the state fair, but a couple spoons of olive oil?  And havn't we buried the myth about carbs being evil?  I mean, keep in mind, for example, in our house as a vegan, I have to eat something (not just twigs and lawn clippings).  And splitting an 8 inch pizza topped with soy cheese and veggies with the wife...are you trying to tell me a pork chop would be healthier? (that was a joke a few years ago in a Janet Evanovich Stephanie Plum book--her sidekick Lula was on a no carb diet and packed her purse with healthy pork chops instead :)

You will recall that there is a cute little corgi across the street named Soupy...Penny's good friend. They have a ball...well, Penny races around and Soupy kinda enjoys the spirit of the game....

11 comments:

Michèle Hastings said...

i have got to make the fried pizza this week. I will use fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil... even with the real cheese I don't think it's unhealthy... and it will taste WAY better than a pork chop.
Bon Appetit!

(i love corgi dogs, if i ever get another dog, that's what i want!)

smartcat said...

Love the photos of Penny and Soupy. We are still trying to figure out what Winter's other half is.

I am going to try fried pizza this week. Some people fell that food should not be an enjoyable, sensory experience. Home made pizza is perfectly healthy......
bread, cheese (or not) vegs....what could be better?

Barbara Rogers said...

Hard to choose which cat mug I like best. And me, who eats lean pork chops occasionally, I have a yearning for a fried pizza now. Thanks a lot! Love those puppies!

Joe Troncale said...

I like the zany mug! (if I had to choose.) I like them both, are you kidding? Very cool.
The pizza recipe sounds pretty amazing. Fried dough of all kinds is very Italian!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

Both mugs are identical, actually, with 3 different cats painted on each, going around...thanks all!

Lori Buff said...

Pizza not pork!!!

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

A few things:

I LOVE that little fluffy cat drawing on the mug on the left. It totally looks like Henry, my orange beast.

Corgis are awesome. I want one.

Pizza. Yes, in all forms.

You read Janet Evanovich books too? We really are weirdly alike. I always feel like they are the junk food of my reading list. A bit like having an open bag of oreos in the house.

Happy Monday!

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Me again...I'm making the Gary inspired veggie fajita burritos AGAIN for dinner tonight. They are my new favorite! I'm going to do a pizza theme on my blog soon so the fried pizza will definitely be on the list.
And maybe some peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies just for fun too. :)

Busy Bee Suz said...

That mug shape is super awesome.
Corgi butt? Love it!

Joyful Things said...

I've been known to keep a pork chop or two in my purse - along with pizza, several bags of cookies (homemade of course) and the obligatory bag of roots and berries - just to fill me up! Love the mugs!

Reverend Awesome said...

I need to try some of this fried pizza. Anytime we try making homemade pizza the crust is just...not right. It all seems fun and wonderful, but we fail at it. This frying seems like it might be the solution.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.