Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Thursday, April 12, 2012

midday pleasures....

C. was like "my future grandkid will need an elephant bank!!!! Can ya do it?" and I am like "Sure thing...have not made banks in a while..."
I used to be a bank making machine, 20 different animals! Penguins, cats, bunnies, ducks, etc etc plus 2 sizes of many and 4 sizes of piggy banks. I did not burn out on the them, but I needed a break: I was wholesaling them for a long time, and would get these orders for 100. Good golly I like a check for big dollars but it is flippin' DULL making so many of the same. Now, as you know, I fart around, doing this and that every day, not wholesaling....
ANYWAY, C's question made me think of my nice elephant sugar bowls, seen a couple of days ago, and trying, as you see here, something just totally round (2nd row from top) and they look GREAT, I am pleased with that new idea, my old style elephant banks sitting 3rd row from top. The bottom shows 2 types of my small piggy banks, one standard and the other sitting, both small, pocket sized, sort of. I made my first standard pigs when I saw one around '88, just a bottle on the side, etc, but I really like my sitting pig banks, which I started around 2000, and is entirely MY idea. Lastly and superSUPER exciting, on top these Godzilla/dragon/dinosaur banks...a new style of those for me! Sooooo fun, but a lot of work compared to others....
thanks for listening!

(banks by Gary Rith)

4 comments:

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Ooooh, Dragon banks! Very cool!

smartcat said...

OOOOOOHHHHH! Banks! Love the way they look on the ladder....those Godzillas!

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

I can think of all sorts of people who need these! Hey, I was just over at my friend Jen's house borrowing her dog and saw the awesome giraffe mug you made for her son. I might need one of those too one of these days. Very cute!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Yeah, I can't picture you whole-saleing either.
Love those piggies. Oink!!!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.