Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Saturday, April 7, 2012

fetid, putrid, rancid....

The wife and I were giggling over that good old word "fetid" the other day, and realized it has 2 stinky ID sisters, putrid and rancid! Then I am walking with Penny yesterday at Cornell's wildflower garden and I see the Latin on this skunk cabbage...

Anna lives next to Pete and her daughter will turn 16 soon. She had written on her backpack years ago "Emma love dinosaurs and unicorns" as little kids do, and Pete asked me to think of.....
this wall piece, which flippin' cracks me up---out of the kiln 2 seconds ago, literally....dinosaur eating the unicorn, oh yes....
Friday afternoon I was going NUTS working at home, so i told the wife I would hike around Cornell's wildflower gardens then pick her up...here too is Fall Creek...Cornell is SO beautiful, woods, rocks, flowers, gardens, hills everywhere you look...have a great Saturday!

5 comments:

pminnihan said...

Thank you Gary - I know she will absolutely love it.

Elizabeth Grimes said...

Only you could come up with the unicorn eating dinosaur! Love it. :)

Barbara Rogers said...

Cool, your woods have Trilium too!

Michèle Hastings said...

nothing like a walk in the woods.
may the Easter Beagle be good to you tomorrow!

Busy Bee Suz said...

The english vocabulary does make me laugh too!
Dinosaurs eating unicorns? Well, that explains why we don't have unicorns anymore!
Love those gardens for a nice walk.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.