Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Saturday, April 28, 2012

hope springs eternal...

This guy just below, Godzilla walking down a city street, eating somebody and stomping on a car? It is my personal winner: I have made a lot of possibilities in the last 2 months, but this one is the one I like most to submit to a fine art show and competition in Cooperstown today. I am headed there after I walk the pup, have the toast and finish a bunch of cat mugs and bowls....anyway, I LOVE this piece, I am proud of it, it hangs on the wall or sits on a table, and it is being submitted to the sculpture category (no pots allowed!). I hope that it gets accepted, then, heck, maybe even wins a prize like at the state fair! Hope springs eternal...
Cooperstown might be the PRETTIEST town in the world....maybe the prettiest in New York state, anyway. The whole baseball thing is only part of the town, it is in mountains with a lake a lot of arts....and a lot of money....(there is a second item just below it, Godzilla chewing on a house)
 

SPEAKING of monsters chewing on things:
Believe me when I say it, I may be the world's best BAKER, potters often like to bake, it is similar, you know? The dough, the forming, the mixing, the baking, anyway, but every year, as longtime readers know, I DO TRY to plant some things...I usually fail miserably, but my cosmos and marigolds may have a small chance, they sometimes grow for me...hope SPRINGS eternal!

11 comments:

smartcat said...

Thanks for the card! It's on the bulletin board by my computer, even as I write.

Toes crossed for Godzilla.

That bread! What is it? It looks delicioussssss!

Happy, sunny week end!

~ Sil in Corea said...

I was just writing about my grandmother making goat-milk butter on the Reindeer Keeper's blog. It sure would have tasted good on your bread!

I'm cheering for Godzilla to win, too! He's loveably fearsome!

Joyful Things said...

Did you make that bread??? WOW! You may very well be the worlds best baker - I bake bread also but it never, ever! looks that good.
Best of luck today with Godzilla - I think he's the winner.

Barbara Rogers said...

Fabulous monster sculptures (should have a category all their own) and sure to win! However, I want home baked bread like yours. Whowser!

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

Send. Bread. Now.
Or at least post your recipe?

Gary's third pottery blog said...

BWAHAHA! Share my bread recipe????????? What if I said "its all in the wrist"!

Michèle Hastings said...

those are some gargantuan loaves!
good luck with sculpture jury... your godzilla's are awesome.

pminnihan said...

F*** !!! Second time blogger.com has eaten my comment. Everytime I try to put one under my Google account, it pops open a new window asking me if I want to start a blog (I don't). The screwy thing is that I've successfully posted comments to your blog previously. If Blogger eats this one, I am giving up and will stick to FB or email.

Funky McMonkey said...

OK. Screw Blogger.

Stinky McPinky said...

OK, I guess I have FINALLY figured this sh*t out. WHAT I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO SAY (for the past half F*ing hour) is that I gave the two cat mugs you sent to my Mom for an M-day gift and she loves them. She also wants a bowl, but I don't have details on that just yet.

And BLOGGER, if you eat this comment I swear I will drive to your offices and urinate profusely.

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

Do you mean I have to get a Fine Arts degree in Sculpting to make bread that beautiful?

I settled for making a beer bread, one of those that you spoon all the ingredients into a loaf pan and bake. Makes your house smell like a brewery!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.