Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Saturday, April 14, 2012

me and the horse's AZZ



SEE, I am not kidding! The wife sees this photo and she is like "you took a picture of yourself and a horse's AZZ!" and I realized, YES, yes, it is true, and that is a load of horsesh!t next to me. You will be thinking to yourself "totally appropriate: Gary IS a horse's azz and he IS full of horsesh!t"...but don't let me put words in your mouth ;)
This post will be all over, but let me explain the horse, plus the photos of flowers and parkland at the bottom: the wife works in the middle of the Cornell University. Her window looks out on the statue of Ezra Cornell, how much more central can you get? I pick her up sometimes, but as you see, the university has thousands of acres of woods and gardens etc between our house and her office. I get restless at home and the wee beagle and I will go out hiking on our way to get the wife, and yesterday we stopped by McConnville Barn which is next to the Cornell Arboretum. The barn is next to the veterinary school, and there are many horses and donkeys (mules??? whichever, they are quite loud) around this barn. I imagine that these horses are there for study and practice, and imagine first year vet students out there with the big needles and the prof "OK, step one when giving a horse a shot, DO NOT stand behind the horse!".

Anyway, who cares about all that?
LOOK at my new plates. I gave them to us I love them so much, and here is a lumpy heart shaped scone I made for breakfast....oh golly, its fun making stuff, and REALLY fun when sometimes it is for your own self! I need to make more in this pattern, probably everybody wants plates and mugs like these now, with a dozen scones.....
The wife is like "HOLD STILL!" but i don't hold still....


(new pottery by Gary Rith)

8 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Well, you do look quite different than the horse. The plates and mugs, however, are my favorites!

Michèle Hastings said...

that glaze is so pretty... sometimes you have to keep things for yourself.

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Yes, please make more plates! Although I will soon need a bigger kitchen with more cabinet space to house my growing collection of pottery. Left unattended, there would be kitchen stuff in every room of the house.

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

I will also say that you are a master at the self portrait photo. I don't think I've ever managed to actually get my whole face in a self photo. Short arms, I guess.

Unknown said...

Those dishes are LOVELY!
I'm ignoring the horse. And the horse's hinderparts.

JB said...

Lots of laughs with the horse photo.
I just love the spots effect on the plate. I have been trying to work out how to recreate a similar effect to create a surf spray look. Would frothing up the glaze work? Planning an experiment or three.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Me thinks the horse has a nice azz!!!
Lovely plates for lovely peeps.

Reverend Awesome said...

You know...I bet people would order your scones! And of course everyone wants one of those plates to put them on. Lifestyles of the Rith and Famous.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.