Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Monday, April 16, 2012

better remember to put in the occaisional pottery photo....

The wife and I were like, "this or that for Sunday?" and, per usual, the beagle was up for adventures! Nature! So we went down to the wildflower garden at Cornell, pretty flippin' beautiful place, hmm?
The wife snapped this pic below....remembering this is a so-called pottery blog...and take my word for it: the blob in my hands? GONNA BE AMAZING. It is a wee sculpture of Godzilla stomping on a car and eating the person inside. It is tres cute, tres funny, if, perhaps, a little gruesome to some people....


Speaking of pots, you will recall I was showing you the cup below last week, saying I DREAMT of a mug like this, then I made it...it turned out exactly as I wanted, but I am thinking it looks, well, a little odd, a little like Jemaine from Flight of the Conchords, actually....


9 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

did I miss Maude's tiles?
You live in a pretty place with lot's of places to go and walk.
Lovely!

Judi Tavill said...

1st of all... I am always lurking in the background... and love Flight of the Concords... were your ears burning Sunday? I had 4 9 year old girls in my studio(I was petrified) and I showed them your blog after the one little girl knew EXACTLY what she wanted to make(loves pigs) she wanted a bowl with a lid and a pig as the knob of the lid... I HAD to show her your work!!! and of course they saw the beagle and fell in love... Just thought I would share!
Judi

Gary's third pottery blog said...

JUDI!!!!! Thank you :)

Lori Buff said...

So what's wrong with it looking like Jemaine from Flight of the Conchords?

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Ha ha. Jermaine mug is awesome.

Knight said...

Oh my God I love that mug!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

Nothing is wrong with it looking like Jemaine. Please don't misunderstand, but I am trying trying to say that it looks comical and, of course, Jemaine is a comic :)

Joe Troncale said...

I didn't know if your hair stylist Michelle knows of your mug? She might be able to market the style to her clients? Lots of men (and women) at Cornell might dig the "Jemaine look" all started by your mug!

Vicki Wenderlich said...

I love how artists are always saying "See that blob? It's gonna be amazing!" I say it a lot and my husband gives me a skeptical look :P

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.