Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

We have a winner!(s?) and DOGZILLA gonna get you....

I used a sort of random eeny meeny miney moe type selection process from yesterday's excellent comments and came up with SMARTCAT! Smartcat wins the personalized artwork May Day card from me! She may want to stay anonymous, so I ran through the eeny meeny thing again and came up with Corinne! Who is Stevo's niece and lives nearby....she can have one too :)-----Its funny, you hear about genius (!) and ideas and inspiration and Einstein saying something like "you will be walking down the street eating an apple and the solution to the problem you had been thinking of suddenly comes to you". Yes. Its like that. My card idea came to me whilst walking the dog yesterday, also its an idea for a project I am sculpting today :) Not that I claim any genius of course.....

SPEAKING of Godzilla, Penny here doing her Dogzilla thing, huh? I was getting a picture of her with this pretty flowering tree and she made this FACE! Haha, she is always making funny faces....
Below, remember I was telling you 2 days ago that the blob going into the kiln was gonna fire up and be AMAZING? This is it. IT IS amazing isn't it? I know that is tooting my own horn, but it came out exactly as I wanted.....I am doing more with monsters and cars today, stay tuned!

I was walking with Penny AGAIN by horses near the Cornall vet school, and these sweeties were hanging around, being friendly with me....got a pic of me this time with the FRONT end of a horse...Penny was curious for a second, then one snorted and she freaked and moved far away from them....


7 comments:

smartcat said...

Oh go ahead and call yourself a genius!

Thanks for the Award!. I shall do my humble best to live up to the high standard set by the previous winner!

Info is on the way. :)

Joe Troncale said...

I think Penny's funny face is an attempt to imitate all the ferocious Godzilla faces around your house.
Gary, we still need a little more psychotherapy around the "Godzilla eating people" theme. Exactly how many horror movies did you watch when you were a kid??
Behind that mild-mannered potter, there is this sinister side that comes out when clay is in his hands...

Busy Bee Suz said...

Penny looks a bit intimidating. :P
Congrats to the winners!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

I know, Penny may look like a tiny and cute thing, but a BEAST lurks within! Joseph, its true, I really loved old fashioned horror movies as a kid and now---Bela Lugosi in Dracula, Boris karloff in Frankenstein or even better, that Bride of Frankenstein, the Blob, the Thing, The Swamp Thing and of course, the very many Godzilla movies....I never have liked modern horror at all though, not Jason or Nightmare on Elm St or Halloween or friday the 13th or Saw or Freddie kruger or anything like that--just the old fashioned, classic movies :) But, in the end, making these things is SUPER fun and funny....

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

did you have to lie down on the ground to get that first photo of Penny? Not often one sees the underside of the beagle chin. :)

Joe Troncale said...

Yes, I know what you mean about the classic horror movies. You sort of "knew" the evil characters were evil and that they would not gain the upper hand in the end. The "modern" horror flicks take off the gloves and are more "terror" flicks than "horror" flicks. We used to have a Saturday matinee where if you deposited 25 cents in your savings account at the bank you got a ticket to the movies. (What a deal!) The Brides of Dracula was a memorable Saturday along with all the cartoons and Three Stooges...
(The good old days)

Joyful Things said...

there was never any question that you were genius.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.