Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

semi-tropical fall?


(bowls by Gary Rith)

Wicked hot week here, probably at your house too?
I wrote a little haiku about it (I love writing haikus when I am all bleary eyed, just out of bed....)

Hot September first,
Orange maples and ninety?
Soon: northern palm trees!

8 comments:

Patricia Griffin Ceramics said...

"bowled" me over with that one

Unknown said...

It's not extra hot here, but it's humid.. and we're supposed to get a LOT of rain in the next 10 days. Bah!

Diggin' the green bowls tho. They make me want to go to the beach. :)

CiCi said...

Storm here south of Omaha all night and more due later today. Jumped in the car and got milk and veggies at the store so I can be inside watching the lightening and hearing the thunder rock the little hippie house.

cookingwithgas said...

I am with my brother in the mountains of VA- where it should be nice and cool-NOT!
I love those green bowls!
PS-how the heck did it get to be September!????

Unknown said...

Love those green bowls also! :) It's been so humid here also, have been daily checking top of my head to see if it's sprouting mushrooms...ugh, hot, sticky, humid, and everything seems damp to touch...I need a change soon! lol lol lol...:)

Michèle Hastings said...

it is HOT here in NC, but i am never quite ready to let go of summer!!!

Trish said...

Beautiful tropical bowls..
not so tropical in Alberta! what the heck, it is only September 1 and it is chilly with frost warnings again!! how are my tomatoes ever going to get ripe!
Great work, Gary.
Trish from Alberta

Anonymous said...

High 90's here. NOT lovely weather for a cross-country meet, but of course we went and EB ran, along with 150 others.
I'm SO looking forward to fall.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.