Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Friday, September 24, 2010

desperately seeking Wendy....


We have a leeeetle mystery here. The phone rings for Wendy Thompson way more than it ever rings for us, collection agencies, banks and such. Yesterday somebody called 6 times--same number, and when I picked up it told me to HOLD. You rang me and want me to hold? The readout said GM credit but when I hit call back the number reached smallmart's bad account service. I said DON'T CALL anymore! She said Wendy Thompson had given this as her number. I said it was mine, never heard of her, and they said they would make the change. Just the latest.....
so today I ask at our tiny village PO--anybody named Wendy Thompson here? Nope! Check the county phone book--no Wendy. I'd like to meet her and say some appropriately loud and insulting things to her....

Just added a lot of hot new stuff to my etsy gallery, have a look!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh cousin Wendy we adore your bunny mug...so cute. By the way Wendy do you remember the $300.00, we borrowed you? I am sorry cousin wonderful, couldn't resist. We love you, but not Wendy she is a "poo poo Head"....:)

Unknown said...

Creepy... Wendy must be a ghosty living in your glaze storage room.... and she has bad credit. ;)

Susan as Herself said...

I get similar calls for someone named Tiffany. About 2-3 times a week someone calls and leaves a LONG message about needing a call back immediately or legal action will be taken. But the return number is only good Mon-Fri 9 to 5 when I am at work so they will never know Tiffany doesn't live there. I just keep deleting the messages. OY VEY.

WendyThompson said...

Hi, I'm sorry about the calls, I'm an International Woman of Mystery, and part of my cover story/legend uses your address.
I didn't realise there were real people there though. I'll try to put Wal-Mart off the trail by speaking in a texan drawl.....

XXX

Busy Bee Suz said...

Wendy is not a nice person, I would never do this to you Gary. ;)

We get calls for a Lori for her college loans...Ummmm we have a LAUREN, and she is not in college yet. leave me alone!!!

Joanna Jenkins said...

Those phone calls can be annoying. I get them too-- On my business line but they're calling for my husband looking for donations to various charities! How they got my office number and his name is a mystery but I get at least 10 calls a week.

Grrrrrr.

Love the new work. Great job. jj

Reverend Awesome said...

Wendy needs to start paying her bills! Sheesh.
What do you think Wendy does for a living? I am going to say, truck stop waitress.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.