Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Friday, September 24, 2010

a rather odd color and Penny treats Spike like a pork chop....

Well, Spike and Penny are best buddies, and Spike can go anywhere he wants, but he puts up with Penny's exuberant behavior...
below is a bunch of monster mugs, on their way to Manndible Cafe whose logo is, indeed, a mug about to eat the drinker....
Below is this glaze test, holy cats it is MUSTARD! Or curry powder! Supposed to be blue-green! Not sure what I think of it, but it is growing on me...

I was walking to the car after teaching class at Cornell yesterday, YES, tis very pretty on campus and around Ithaca....
and like I say, PORK CHOP

6 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

there is some tasty chopping going on there and fall colors!
I like that color----

debra said...

Glaze surprises are interesting things. I once did a tile that was supposed to be celadon. It was an absolutely gorgeous brown. We have no idea what happened, so it could never be reproduced.

Unknown said...

OOo... that's a nice curry powder cup. I like it. :)

Anonymous said...

Oooh, fall colors AND pets AND pots!

The glazing is gorgeous, although I confess it is not my color choice. But still... great glazing job!

Gordo said...

That glaze is wonderful, Gary! I have no idea what to call it, though. Green curry?

k.a. barnes said...

It looks like chartreuse!
And I love the look on Penny's face. She looks like she just got caught!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.