OK, so back in 1983 or 1984? I was a college student studying art, especially clay, alright? My GF at the time, I was a freshman who had snagged a senior because you KNOW I had a thing for the older ladies (missus is 6-7 years older than me, HAWT! Like Mrs Robinson!) ahem, anyway, so this senior GF of mine is looking at some of the brown lumps my classmates were calling ART and sez:
"nobody should be able to graduate from this program unless they can make a dripless teapot" and it kinda stuck with me. Teapots are one of those challenges---you have a lot of elements to coordinate properly. BUT as you know they also represent a chance to get whimsical. The whole Mad Hatter's tea party sort of thing---teapots can be ANYTHING. Even a pink cow.
Oh, and that same GF, the influential one? One day we were walking down the street in Chicago and bumped into an aquaintance of mine who is all friendly and cheerful and the GF sez:
"I bet she is the one who becomes the next Mrs Rith". And a month later GF and I broke up, 6 months later me and the aquaintance started to date and were married ten months after that and here we are :)
(teapot by Gary Rith)
Dig the little animals in this.
- ► 2015 (209)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- April = Awesome!
- 4 years ago today!
- le pigs
- the KITTEN haiku:
- "cats don't eat peanut butter, do they?"
- BENJI, Penny and GEORGES go commando....
- the VERY windy day...
- "are you hawt mama? you sure look that way to me....
- "YESS! YESSS!"
- so ends a SASSY week....
- the lady takes a (brief) vacation
- "GOD, you're subjecting people to so much...": the...
- absolutely nothing of interest will happen today *...
- I AM A WINNER and bamf
- "you're not growing a SOUL PATCH are you?"
- GOSH my life is so thoroughly boring....
- springtime, when a young monkey's heart turns to s...
- piggy gear....
- le WOLF: the moooovie
- I AM A KITCHEN GOD
- it usually snows on the first day of spring :)
- beagle teapot
- a gang of women and Georges Le Soq
- oh no, BECKY JO!!!!
- NOT gonna tell the squashed frog joke....
- the year of the TAT
- "ITS ALL ABOUT ME!"
- Benji, ME, Georges Le Soq, Missus O'Leary...
- "DON'T BLOG THIS!"
- oh GEORGES....
- tip THIS COW!
- BUY STUFF
- le interview
- the USUAL Friday thang...
- GIDDYUP Georges and Penny: the most important pos...
- Cows, Collins, Chapterhouse....
- the TEAPOT and girlfriend story
- scenes from the day, except you already know about...
- Georges Le Soq + DENTIST = !!!!!
- "just lie back and this won't hurt a bit"
- and the Oscar for best 7 minute pottery interview ...
- Spike and Emily Cats: NOT a fight to the death
- Friday revisited?
- a day that started at 2:28
- art road trip with Benji and Christi
- le roadtrip, part ONE with Georges Le Soq and Benj...
- "you've got Ferret hair!"
- BE COOL
- Le Pennster....
- Benji the painter, ETC.
- Spike, Penny, other bits and pieces
- BENJI's paintings
- le cats!
- Mad potter
- BUSTER the black lab and why I put animals onto po...
- scenes from a Sunday :)
- ▼ March (60)