Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Thursday, November 14, 2013
WEIRD FOOD: latkes and pizza re-imagined????
The sun came out yesterday on our little bit of snow. A few inches....some of it melted later, but it sure looked pretty in our yard in the morning, hmm? There is a river there amongst the trees full of ducks and geese...
OK, so food????
I am the opposite of a traditionalist. It is my artistic-bohemian personality. I don't give a sh!t what you are s'posed to eat on holidays or any other time, plus, you know, being veg and no dairy or gluten either....people ask me what I am doing Thanksgiving and are SHOCKED to hear that I have zero interest in familyor football...I need to make money! I always work through Thanksgiving, I am a retailer! And we will have sweet potato enchilada for Thanksgiving, or something like that...the wife will want pumpkin pie, though, and we will listen to Arlo Guthrie's ALICE'S RESTAURANT, so OK, sure, some tradition in there....
ANYWAY, I like latkes. There is a lot of press lately about the early Jewish holidays and Thanksgiving. I know very little about Judaism, but who doesn't love latkes, potato pancakes????****
I made some yesterday and paired them with mexican frijoles, hot salsa and avocado and GOODness that is yummy...
And the previous day? I told the wife "I am going to make pizza..with a rice crust!" And the recipe I followed was mighty good, but this simple: cook a pot of rice per usual, with some herbs and garlic. Grease a baking pan. Pack the cooked rice into the pan 1/2 inch thick. Top with some tomato sauce, toppings, cheese, like you would any pizza, then bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes. Then eat!
It is not like a regular pizza crust, sort of like...a casserole that you reminds you of pizza or something: mmmmmm!
Have a great Thursday!
1 1/2 pound grated potato
--stir those in a bowl, add oil to your fry pan, form the potato mix into patties, squeezing out a little extra moisture as you do, then fry each side until golden! Eat warm!!!!!!
Posted by Gary's third pottery blog at 6:31 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- day TWO open studio
- MY black Friday...
- small blessings..
- some curiosities and cuties
- winsome and winning and SUDDENLY wide awake!
- the cow jumped over the moon...or maybe flew over ...
- gluten-free pumpkin bread, part TWO!
- POTATO pizza and PIGS IN SPACE
- from the cute files: when pigs fly again....
- in which I get a NEW video camera and immediately ...
- RED stuff
- green STUFF
- the best damn gluten-free muffins you have EVER ha...
- close to home...
- interpreting what I am up to....
- when CATS WEAR HATS
- WEIRD FOOD: latkes and pizza re-imagined????
- a couple inches more...
- why YES, it did snow last night but let's talk abo...
- imagine GODZILLA next to a water tower....
- slothful SUNDAY...in the studio
- making calzones with cats!
- gluten-free pumpkin bread to DIE FOR
- things you want to KEEP
- when cats and dogs "HELP" and lazy apple pie
- hanging out with the QUEEN and what is hanging ove...
- when pigs fly: how an ordinary teapot is suddenly...
- a great COVER UP
- you wonder "sweet potato enchiladas or pad Thai???"
- when you have guests, it is best to RELAX
- ▼ November (31)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
I sure wish you were in my neighborhood, I'd drop over for some of your cooking every day or so!
Hope you enjoy the day and I know you are a grateful guy the rest of the year. Too bad that stores open and employees have to punch in so the rest of us can shop.
Oh, My Soul! Gary, you make the most delicious food! Must be that artistic streak.
Spike keeps hoping that he will find something that suits a cat's palate, doesn't he? ;-)
Latkes kick azz! Top them with anything or eat them hot right out of the pan. Yum!
I love potatoes and as pancakes they are perfect food.
Post a Comment