WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Saturday, November 16, 2013
interpreting what I am up to....
But I neglect the dreams and I also neglect the music. Sheesh! You probably feel cheated!
I dreamt Thursday into Friday that I was inside a house. It was a bit disturbing, there were 3-4 stories and a lot of windows, but I couldn't figure how to get out. There was a snake in the basement and outside was a huge snake with front legs...ugh, I am not crazy about snakes, right?
THEN LAST night, just now, I actually had a JOB. I was sitting there trying to do my job (whatever it is, that was not clear, maybe it involved loafing, napping, guarding my stapler? But still: it was a JOB) and this bossy-boss type comes over and acting like we do this all the time, tells me to DO SOMETHING. Like, NOW! I was really miffed, it was obvious he could have done it in ten seconds on his way down the hall, but he was making ME get up and do it for him.
I like the idea of walking a mile in somebody else's shoes, to understand them, like my wife and her work and all the rest of the world. GOOD GOLLY think of all the azzh*le bosses who get a kick out of making somebody else do all the little sh!t they don't feel like doing, just so they can be a big boss....
I tell the wife I am PRIVILEDGED to be my own boss and I AM. Even if (during my side gig as a dog walker) you see me scooping one of Yogi's Godzilla size poops.
Meanwhile, back in the studio, I have doodled a new dog, for mugs and bowls....
The wife was asking the other day "what was that song about OLD FOLKS?" and I corrected "you mean the one about YOUNG FOLKS" Have a great Saturday!
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- day TWO open studio
- MY black Friday...
- small blessings..
- some curiosities and cuties
- winsome and winning and SUDDENLY wide awake!
- the cow jumped over the moon...or maybe flew over ...
- gluten-free pumpkin bread, part TWO!
- POTATO pizza and PIGS IN SPACE
- from the cute files: when pigs fly again....
- in which I get a NEW video camera and immediately ...
- RED stuff
- green STUFF
- the best damn gluten-free muffins you have EVER ha...
- close to home...
- interpreting what I am up to....
- when CATS WEAR HATS
- WEIRD FOOD: latkes and pizza re-imagined????
- a couple inches more...
- why YES, it did snow last night but let's talk abo...
- imagine GODZILLA next to a water tower....
- slothful SUNDAY...in the studio
- making calzones with cats!
- gluten-free pumpkin bread to DIE FOR
- things you want to KEEP
- when cats and dogs "HELP" and lazy apple pie
- hanging out with the QUEEN and what is hanging ove...
- when pigs fly: how an ordinary teapot is suddenly...
- a great COVER UP
- you wonder "sweet potato enchiladas or pad Thai???"
- when you have guests, it is best to RELAX
- ▼ November (31)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)