WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Thursday, November 21, 2013
Why YES, yes, I did make a fire truck pot... sure, I sculpt a bit, but I am usually connected to pottery...the wheels, cab, front, etc were all made on the pottery wheel and assembled...I knew I had a good red glaze for it.
I have told you that when I saw PINNOCHIO when I was 5 I wanted to make toys, like his maker Gepetto! And gosh, sometimes I do make toys (although this fire truck, retaining its potness, um, could hold something useful). The fire truck is special though: I had a great bulldozer when I was little but always wanted a firetruck...
Speaking of red stuff, check out this ketchup fried rice! You didn't know it is a Korean-American comfort food did you? (click here) I will admit, I use the red stuff I like, such as chili sauce, hot sauce and Chinese garlic-chili sauce rather than ketchup...oh GOSH, yum!
Have a great Thursday!
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- day TWO open studio
- MY black Friday...
- small blessings..
- some curiosities and cuties
- winsome and winning and SUDDENLY wide awake!
- the cow jumped over the moon...or maybe flew over ...
- gluten-free pumpkin bread, part TWO!
- POTATO pizza and PIGS IN SPACE
- from the cute files: when pigs fly again....
- in which I get a NEW video camera and immediately ...
- RED stuff
- green STUFF
- the best damn gluten-free muffins you have EVER ha...
- close to home...
- interpreting what I am up to....
- when CATS WEAR HATS
- WEIRD FOOD: latkes and pizza re-imagined????
- a couple inches more...
- why YES, it did snow last night but let's talk abo...
- imagine GODZILLA next to a water tower....
- slothful SUNDAY...in the studio
- making calzones with cats!
- gluten-free pumpkin bread to DIE FOR
- things you want to KEEP
- when cats and dogs "HELP" and lazy apple pie
- hanging out with the QUEEN and what is hanging ove...
- when pigs fly: how an ordinary teapot is suddenly...
- a great COVER UP
- you wonder "sweet potato enchiladas or pad Thai???"
- when you have guests, it is best to RELAX
- ▼ November (31)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)