I did the eeny meeny miney moe thang and came up with CLAUDIA for our winner! Claudia wins a ...Mother's Day card. Won't her husband and cats be impressed? I am sure her cats, um, think of her as their mother :) You should visit Claudia's blog, Idiot's Kitchen. She may be a concert muscian and cat wrangler, but she is also a food writer!!!!
In other news, let's just say that I was playing up the Ralph Lauren cowboy thang on Thursday....I bought a bale of hay! Or straw? I have never bought hay, or straw, before. I have all this grass to seed in my yard plus a big hump of dirt we have not yet decided what to do with, so I was like "what can my lazy self toss onto that hump so it is not all weeds in a week?" and I got 2 bags of clover at Agway with my grass seed. The bags say something cover with blahblah blah, and I don't know what that is, and the helpful agway person (I love agway! they always have cats from the shelter there for adoption :) shows me this 50 dollar bag of pellets, to cover grass seed or clover seed. She says "cover with this...or straw" (or did she say hay?) And a bale of hay OR straw is merely 5 bucks! I am like "wow, i have never bought straw OR hay before!" and it fits into the little car trunk and smells GREAT, like horses.
I don't own a cowboy hat. But I look pretty flippin' rugged here on my bale of straw, don't I????
Below is the yard BEFORE the hay..or straw...
Don't you love these mugs I made? I do! Have a great weekend!
Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Friday, April 27, 2012
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- fried pizza versus porkchops....
- hope springs eternal...
- badazz with a bale of straw...and a winner!
- one fact and one dream: we need YOU...to win a pr...
- why be DULL?
- I taunt you and I tease you then I finally give it...
- "we're not laughing AT you Spike, we're laughing W...
- fried pizza!!!!!!!
- 2 little pigs.....
- I did it all for the....cookies.....
- people try to put us down.....
- hide your money!!!!
- We have a winner!(s?) and DOGZILLA gonna get you....
- give us your one fact and one dream and win a PRIZ...
- better remember to put in the occaisional pottery ...
- "I can't do it in less than 3 minutes"
- me and the horse's AZZ
- the most AWESOME thing you have seen all year
- midday pleasures....
- its not spring if there is no snow!
- speaking of pachyderms....
- ALL ABOUT ME: the famous interview, part ONE
- pachyderms and pots....
- an adorable corgi plays with an adorable beagle
- get yer bunny thang on.....
- fetid, putrid, rancid....
- anatomy of a nap....and a dream....
- just one more....
- Crusty the cottontail?
- maybe you have seen one?
- everybody needs one....
- road trip part 2: LITERARY TOURISM
- Part one, "DISGUSTING THINGS YOU'D NEVER ANTICIPAT...
- ▼ April (34)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
Gary the hayseed...
Somehow, I have trouble with the visual. I think that landscaping could be a side business when the kiln is down...Native Americans used to fire their pots in buffalo dung, so maybe your septic system could double as a kiln!
Good lord, I hate yard work Joe :) Sitting on a bale of hay...or straw...YES. That I like :)
A "gentleman" landscaper, then...
Looks like you had a good day haying....bringing it all in from the fields.
When I was doing a lot of raku we used hay and straw for reduction.
Loving those mugs!
Yes, love the mugs!
You do look rugged! $5 over $50 is smart landscaping.
You look like a cowboy even without the hat.
best of luck with the grass growing, which will equal more lawn to mow.
but it sure will be purty and green
Really? I won? Sweet!!! Thanks for the nice words and plug for me old blog. Yes, the cats do think of me as their beloved mother and kibble provider. They are very thoughtful critters and have been known to buy me some nice gifts for birthdays and other holidays. I'm sure that they will appreciate a Gary Rith original card created in their honor! If that last sentence doesn't seal the deal for crazy cat lady status, I don't know what will!
You look quite rugged on that hay bale. It works for you. :)
yup, it's straw. and I agree the mugs are great.
Post a Comment