I just read book one of Game of Thrones. It has a lot intrigue, murder and mystery, dragons too.
A lot of people get excited by sci-fi and fantasy, and, well, I am amazed at how much people love dragons. LOVE LOVE LOOooooove dragons! Its like skull stuff--alll these customers come out of the woodwork and buy it all up!
My neighbor Alita needed a dragon eating a unicorn mug for her pal, and I was happy to oblige--cracks me up! I am thinking of another way to design dragon mugs, then make a boatload of them in 2012 and make a lot of moola from my adoring customers.
I was reading this for real: when mapmakers many years ago were illustrating Europe, and did not know what was beyond certain directions, they would write something like "here be dragons". Haha! Beautiful!
(mug by Gary Rith, outrageous painting by somebody else)
Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Sunday, December 4, 2011
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- thinking of new year's resolutions is hard when yo...
- I am not a neatnik....
- couldn't get to sleep last night....because....
- Introducing Rumpole and Winnie, or what were you d...
- hot stuff going on here......
- its like Christmas day...on Christmas day!
- 3:10 am--who is that on our roof??? Squirrels inva...
- 19 years married today and the most romantic gift ...
- giving it up for Bella: blood and Jingle Bells!
- zombie squirrels on crack.....
- of cats and creamers...
- "if you're not dead, you have more options"
- zebras YES, horses, maybe not.....
- gettin' Chrismassy :)
- my own PERSONAL STONEHENGE and hawt date with the ...
- Spike goes with Le Chapeau...
- probably the cutest thing you have ever seen in yo...
- comfort food for VEGANS and GLUTEN INTOLERANT
- le secrets!
- the aftermath....
- like I was saying.....
- come see me!
- the usual.....
- frog tea!
- giraffes and elephants!
- disgusting and despicable :)
- there be dragons!
- of orders and patterns....
- its my cat in a box!
- stack of cake stands....
- ▼ December (31)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
Great dragon-eating mug!
What a great photo of Penny in your header.
Cute naughty dragon.....lol lol lol :) I love making dragons also...:)
Wow, so intresting, i like it
Dude, I have totally been reading those books for the past few months. Getting ready to start book four. :) :) :)
I think a unicorn stands for purity so it could be said your image is loaded with meaning. The illustration seems to appeal to many folk (I see some like these for sale in town as prints), but can only guess as to the type whom buys them.
Shhh... don't say it too loudly, my kids might find out you are now making dragon mugs...
2012: The Year of the Dragon
Ah yes dragons......I will try to hid my essential nerdiness by not getting into my hierarchy of dragons......but they do live in the oddest places.
That is one cool mug....and oh yes given what is going on with the popularity of unicorns I am happy to see one being consumed by a dragon. ;)
P.S. Just had a word verification 'dogyvws'....why did Penny spring to mind?
Post a Comment