I was reading a book recently and it was boring and I did not finish it, but there was that quote in there, which I have used as a post title. Hilarious! I heard comedian and actor Billy Connolly say, in reference to any little gripe a person might have, such as, say, a head cold "there are a lot of people in the cemetery who wish they had a head cold". Also hilarious! But gives you pause. If you are alive, you can be grateful.
People ask why I wear the skull ring, seen below, and that is why "if you are not dead, you have more options". Keith Richards of the Stones wears his because, as he says, something to do with we are all the same underneath. Not that I am trying to be cool like Keith Richards or anything ;)
The whole point of this post, actually, aside from the dancing dog, is to share, like, my 5th or 75th, hard to keep track, peanut noodle recipe. Got this one the other day from somewhere, but it is the most simple of any I have seen, and the least fat and salt, and yummo! Recipe follows *
More peanut noodles!
--cook 8 oz noodles per usual, reserve a half cup of the water when done and pour into small bowl
--add to that 5 tbsp peanut butter, 3tbsp vinegar (I used red wine), one tbsp soy sauce, whisk together, stir into pasta, yummo! Serve your noodles with stir fry or whatever! I am wondering what it would be like to use lime juice rather than vinegar, or a combination....stay tuned :)
Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Tuesday, December 20, 2011
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- thinking of new year's resolutions is hard when yo...
- I am not a neatnik....
- couldn't get to sleep last night....because....
- Introducing Rumpole and Winnie, or what were you d...
- hot stuff going on here......
- its like Christmas day...on Christmas day!
- 3:10 am--who is that on our roof??? Squirrels inva...
- 19 years married today and the most romantic gift ...
- giving it up for Bella: blood and Jingle Bells!
- zombie squirrels on crack.....
- of cats and creamers...
- "if you're not dead, you have more options"
- zebras YES, horses, maybe not.....
- gettin' Chrismassy :)
- my own PERSONAL STONEHENGE and hawt date with the ...
- Spike goes with Le Chapeau...
- probably the cutest thing you have ever seen in yo...
- comfort food for VEGANS and GLUTEN INTOLERANT
- le secrets!
- the aftermath....
- like I was saying.....
- come see me!
- the usual.....
- frog tea!
- giraffes and elephants!
- disgusting and despicable :)
- there be dragons!
- of orders and patterns....
- its my cat in a box!
- stack of cake stands....
- ▼ December (31)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
how true, how very true!
Maurice Chevalier said upon being asked how he liked being (I Think) eighty. "It's wonderful, considering the alternative."
Is Penny enthusiastically waiting for noodles? I wonder how they would be with almond butter and almonds?
My grandmother kept a little quote taped to the inside of one of her kitchen cupboards that said, "Do not resent growing older. Many are denied the opportunity."
Oooo I love that! I'm stealing it. I think part of the reason I wear my skull is a basic reminder of mortality and to live in the moment while we still can. That, and it looks cool. Right?
I always use lime juice in my peanut noodles. Very tasty. Cute pics of Penny in the hat!
I just think skulls are so cool and pretty. I don't think I'd think the same about an actual skull, but neato skulls like your pottery and ring and all that. It's just cool and pretty!
If only I could burn the calories like Penny...I'd be in great shape.
Your post titles are the best!
Post a Comment