WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Wednesday, December 14, 2011
comfort food for VEGANS and GLUTEN INTOLERANT
(Spike was fooled, he was like "smells creamy to me!")
SO, let's say you are, like me, vegan, or like visitors to our house, gluten intolerant. Not much left to eat, is there, except maybe twigs and lawn clippings, right?
I wanted to try gluten-free pasta, and I have to say, this brown rice stuff (bag with bunny below) is A plus, superb! So tasty, and only difference is slightly longer cooking time.
Katie is our best pal and rides the bus with the wife everyday and loaned us a vegan cookbook. I was like "whoa, MAC AND CHEESE?" because I have not had anything like that in a long time...except for buying Annie's frozen, which is tasty but saltier than I would prefer plus wicked expensive.
This recipe is soooooooooooooooooooo gooooooooooooooooood, check it out:
vegan mac and cheese
Boil 1 pound macaroni per usual.
While that boils, use another sauce pan, combine a good margerine 1/4 cup, 1/4 cup vegan cream cheese and 1 cup rice milk. When that has melted over medium heat, add 2 cups vegan shredded cheese, 1/4 cup nutritional yeast and 1 1/2 teaspoons good vinegar. Stir until melted, keep warm until pasta is done and drained, then combine! OH JOY!!!!!!!
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- thinking of new year's resolutions is hard when yo...
- I am not a neatnik....
- couldn't get to sleep last night....because....
- Introducing Rumpole and Winnie, or what were you d...
- hot stuff going on here......
- its like Christmas day...on Christmas day!
- 3:10 am--who is that on our roof??? Squirrels inva...
- 19 years married today and the most romantic gift ...
- giving it up for Bella: blood and Jingle Bells!
- zombie squirrels on crack.....
- of cats and creamers...
- "if you're not dead, you have more options"
- zebras YES, horses, maybe not.....
- gettin' Chrismassy :)
- my own PERSONAL STONEHENGE and hawt date with the ...
- Spike goes with Le Chapeau...
- probably the cutest thing you have ever seen in yo...
- comfort food for VEGANS and GLUTEN INTOLERANT
- le secrets!
- the aftermath....
- like I was saying.....
- come see me!
- the usual.....
- frog tea!
- giraffes and elephants!
- disgusting and despicable :)
- there be dragons!
- of orders and patterns....
- its my cat in a box!
- stack of cake stands....
- ▼ December (31)
- ► 2010 (616)