WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Monday, July 7, 2014
the fabric of life: you weather the ups and downs
Let's say you get a nail in your tire...which turns into a crazy weeklong search for its DIScontinued replacement...and finally you are happy to have it put on BEfore a super busy week with the year's biggest fair.....and the kiln that had broken last month and you REpaired...breaks in some other mysterious way. Potters will tell you: that sh!t is DEpressing...I have so much work needing to go into the kiln and....nothing. I take it apart today. What are the chances, if it needs parts, I can have them by Wednesday? SLIM to none... just the way it is, Murphy's law or something... but life has its ebb and flow, up and down, you adapt....
Adapt: for example, we would go to a friend's house and have their tahini lemon salad dressing, so yummy! But as food writer and essayist Mark Bittman says "salad dressing is the biggest ripoff, make your own!". I was in the lucky position of a) the neighbors keep throwing fresh lettuce from their garden at us :) AND b) I had one spoonful of tahini left before I go to the store. INSPIRATION! I decided to make that tasty tahini salad dressing myself.... after enjoying it, I looked up recipes, and they seemed to be along the lines I had followed and I was like "AH HA! I am brilliant!" *****
Gary's 4-6 serving tahini lemon salad dressing
in a small bowl whisk:
-one spoonful tahini
-one spoonful olive oil
-one spoonful good vinegar
-one spoonful lemon juice
-one spoonful honey or maple syrup
-one spoonful water or soy sauce
with: (salt if you wish) pepper, garlic and ginger powder, and other spices like dry basil, oregano and sesame seeds if you have them
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- gargoyles and grotesques C'EST MOI...
- QUICHE LA POODLE or real men don't BAKE vegan quic...
- blowin' the roof off....
- mugshot Monday and MORE
- bees' knees!
- "ask permission before you take photos"
- Artist Market 2-8
- "so this is what being self-employed is like.."
- shysters, slackers and slick cons....
- free POTtery and a dog and pony show!
- mug shot Monday, ahoy!
- Campbell Meadow
- lions and tigers and bears OH MY!
- she tells me "never eat fruit"
- she came bearing sweaters....
- zip your lip?
- I am in a lot of other people's kitchens this morn...
- an 11 piece Ukranian jazz band in my bathroom
- (almost) running out the door...
- the BIG SCHLEP
- ROAD TRIP: when good potters (and good dogs) go B...
- little pieces...
- the fabric of life: you weather the ups and downs...
- when Mother Nature sends you perfection...
- bowled over...
- it was quite muggy.....
- "bite me!"
- teapot Tuesday and a fond look back at June
- ▼ July (30)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)