WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Wednesday, July 30, 2014
QUICHE LA POODLE or real men don't BAKE vegan quiche....
Lately I have been messing around with an excellent gluten-free pie crust made with rice flour **(making Samosas, the little savory Indian pastries made with potato and veggies :) and I had all this broccoli...but had forgotten the sweet potatoes I needed to make a certain dish...so was flipping through the VEGAN STONER cookbook and saw their vegan quiche and HOLY CATS! 2 ingredients, a crust, veggies, bake, that is IT?! Oh my. Even cats were fooled and wanted some.
(thanks to the wife for the fine pictures)
** white rice flour pie crust, 9 inch single (I used a huge deep dish pan and doubled recipe)
-3/4 cup white rice flour, stir in a little salt and half teaspoon xanthan gum, thoroughly cut in 1/3 cup earth balance margerine then add a teaspoon honey and 2 TBS cold water, stir well to form a ball and either chill or roll out to form a crust between wax paper, then use to line pan, prick bottom with fork, preheat about 5-10 minutes before adding filling
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- gargoyles and grotesques C'EST MOI...
- QUICHE LA POODLE or real men don't BAKE vegan quic...
- blowin' the roof off....
- mugshot Monday and MORE
- bees' knees!
- "ask permission before you take photos"
- Artist Market 2-8
- "so this is what being self-employed is like.."
- shysters, slackers and slick cons....
- free POTtery and a dog and pony show!
- mug shot Monday, ahoy!
- Campbell Meadow
- lions and tigers and bears OH MY!
- she tells me "never eat fruit"
- she came bearing sweaters....
- zip your lip?
- I am in a lot of other people's kitchens this morn...
- an 11 piece Ukranian jazz band in my bathroom
- (almost) running out the door...
- the BIG SCHLEP
- ROAD TRIP: when good potters (and good dogs) go B...
- little pieces...
- the fabric of life: you weather the ups and downs...
- when Mother Nature sends you perfection...
- bowled over...
- it was quite muggy.....
- "bite me!"
- teapot Tuesday and a fond look back at June
- ▼ July (30)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)