Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

shysters, slackers and slick cons....



Tuesday was hot.  The kiln was on full speed and finished, the rack of newly thrown pots complete, the dog sitting job (walking in the hot sun!) over and only one last thing to do Tuesday, a cat sitting job.  Which took me a few miles ... in the direction of my parents and their pond.

I earned that dip!

Had some funny dreams:  in one I walking in Chicago's busy  west Loop and along with a small crowd of other walkers raced across the street...apparently traffic ignored the lights at this spot and nearly all of us narrowly missed getting flattened!  At the far side, a young lawyer was walking around handing out business cards and asking if anybody was injured and wondered if they wanted to sue somebody? Then I walked into a store and everybody wanted glasses like mine!  So we used a magic xerox machine and made 11 copies....and charged the new owners 25 percent of the cost of the originals, whatta scam!

6 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Gary you start my day off with your own sunshine!

Lori Buff said...

To swim in a pond in the summer sunshine is to heal the soul.

Karen Jensen said...

That pond looks good!

smalltownme said...

It was over 90 here yesterday. I am enviously eyeing that pond.

Hilary said...

What a fine way to end a summer day.

Busy Bee Suz said...

A natural pond….with no gators? Delightful!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.