Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

teapot Tuesday and a fond look back at June


(new teapot by Gary Rith)
I was like "make a teardrop shaped jar"  and when I did I was like "this thing has GOT to be a teapot!".  It is big, it is a luscious emerald green and I had to dig through my box of handles and luckily had one very big handle ready for it....

June was a VERY wild ride here.  It ended with my niece in town and she is something else.  It was just the other day she was an enormous 10.5 pound newborn basketball and now at 24 she is, well, a lot more grown up than me (and she is a small woman, which nobody would have guessed when she was a baby).  My family guards their privacy (haHA! NOT ME!) so I should hold back here, but she is wicked smart and lives in LA and very athletic and charming....and can you believe I forgot my camera every time I could have gotten pics?

June had great weather for us.  Early July always seems HOT and it is now.  I am wondering why I am sitting here with HOT coffee.  But June was great.  It began with Penny having problems, etc, but everything has smoothed out... what a difference a month makes!


4 comments:

Cheri @ Blog This Mom!® said...

I'm a little teapot, short and ... oh never mind!

June went by way too fast, huh?

Have fun with your amazing niece.

XO

smalltownme said...

Happy happy that June turned out so nice for you after all!

Hilary said...

I'm glad that June turned out well for you. As it should be. I like that pot.

Barbara Rogers said...

Such a great shape she has, teapot that is!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.