WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Thursday, July 24, 2014
"so this is what being self-employed is like.."
You would think, based on yesterday's post where I was SWIMMING, and today's, that I do nothing! Just have fun, one permanent vacation, a lifelong FANTASY CAMP.... but that was at day's end!
Well, days can start that way too, then you get to work.
I am NOT one of those people who goes camping or who gardens or does things involving mud, weeds and bugs. But I love raspberries! And raspberry jam! We have wild raspberries growing around the house, but that is just a sampler compared going to MY FAVORITE FARM, Indian Creek, which is this cute little place on the west shore of Cayuga Lake...and self-employed people can go early on a hot day, before the heat and other people arrive (the wife was able to come along and that is when she said that about self-employed people)...oh GOODNESS the picking was EASY...and I found, I think, 10-12 four-leaf clovers too.... then I got back home to the dog sitting and pottery, really!
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- gargoyles and grotesques C'EST MOI...
- QUICHE LA POODLE or real men don't BAKE vegan quic...
- blowin' the roof off....
- mugshot Monday and MORE
- bees' knees!
- "ask permission before you take photos"
- Artist Market 2-8
- "so this is what being self-employed is like.."
- shysters, slackers and slick cons....
- free POTtery and a dog and pony show!
- mug shot Monday, ahoy!
- Campbell Meadow
- lions and tigers and bears OH MY!
- she tells me "never eat fruit"
- she came bearing sweaters....
- zip your lip?
- I am in a lot of other people's kitchens this morn...
- an 11 piece Ukranian jazz band in my bathroom
- (almost) running out the door...
- the BIG SCHLEP
- ROAD TRIP: when good potters (and good dogs) go B...
- little pieces...
- the fabric of life: you weather the ups and downs...
- when Mother Nature sends you perfection...
- bowled over...
- it was quite muggy.....
- "bite me!"
- teapot Tuesday and a fond look back at June
- ▼ July (30)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)