Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Thursday, July 24, 2014

"so this is what being self-employed is like.."



You would think, based on yesterday's post where I was SWIMMING, and today's, that I do nothing!  Just have fun, one permanent vacation, a lifelong FANTASY CAMP.... but that was at day's end!
Well, days can start that way too, then you get to work.

I am NOT one of those people who goes camping or who gardens or does things involving mud, weeds and bugs.  But I love raspberries!  And raspberry jam!  We have wild raspberries growing around the house, but that is just a sampler compared going to MY FAVORITE FARM, Indian Creek, which is this cute little place on the west shore of Cayuga Lake...and self-employed people can go early on a hot day, before the heat and other people arrive (the wife was able to come along and that is when she said that about self-employed people)...oh GOODNESS the picking was EASY...and I found, I think, 10-12 four-leaf clovers too.... then I got back home to the dog sitting and pottery, really!

7 comments:

Michèle Hastings said...

Setting your own work schedule (for the most part) is one of the great benefits of being self-employed!

Anonymous said...

I picked raspberries yesterday, too! There's something so relaxing and productive at the same time about berry picking.

bartster said...

Love berry picking! We got strawberries this week. Raspberries are late this year, so we're still waiting. Thanks to my darling spouse, we now have two dozen jars of freezer jam. Oh...and some wonderful fresh berries left for munching on during the day..

Barbara Rogers said...

Self employed luckiest guy I know!

Cheri @ Blog This Mom!® said...

Mmmmm! Raspberry jam. Can't wait for the photos of that. Meanwhile ... have a great self-employed day! We like it when you share photos of your work product from that too! XO

Karen Jensen said...

Raspberry jam is my favorite.

Summer said...

Those clovers...uh...did you eat them? :)

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.