Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Sunday, July 13, 2014

an 11 piece Ukranian jazz band in my bathroom



You know I am at a 3 day jazz fest, arts fest, all kinds of fests!
It has been IMMENSELY fun, and I am very fortunate:  I know a LOT of people, and a LOT of repeat customers come to find me and I have been emptying boxes and filling my pockets, the weather is great, the crowd is great the music is great!
Final day today.......

Speaking of music, you would be correct if you guessed that I sleep like the dead during these things....long, busy days followed by head-touches-pillow = dreamland.

I was dreaming just now:  the wife and I bought a large NEW house (somehow!) on a California hillside. Ours was house one on what would become a planned neighborhood of hundreds.  I am a little dissapointed to imagine that our pretty hillside contained only a tiny lot for our house, and the pretty woods and meadows were gonna soon go under the bulldozer...

ANYWAY, our new house was huge.  One feature it contained was a kitchen that looked like an English country tavern in 1600.  I did not know I wanted such a thing, but let me tell you, as imagined in 2016 with modern conveniences, it was beautiful.  Upstairs, one of the bathrooms had a HUGE U shaped bathtub. I did not know I wanted such a thing...big enough for 3 or more people...actually, why would I want that?

OK, so in the dream, surprise!  I have a new (crabby) brother-in-law.  Bonus:  he is Ukrainian! Or a Russian?  Or a Slav or Czech??? One of those, he never admits.  He is a slick fast talking used car salesman type, with a deep accent.  Fair enough.

But, remember the bathroom with the U shaped tub?  There is a knock at the door as I finish spending a penny (I dream of going to the bathroom?  yes, I guess I do...) and there he is...in town to STAY WITH US!  And so are his numerous friends, none of whom know English, a Ukrainian (whatever) jazz band! All smoking like chimneys.  It takes a little adjusting, and I was not really getting to like them or their smokes, but the great advantage of a 1600 tavern for a kitchen is there is plenty of room for a Ukrainian (whatever) jazz band and their slick manager.... I must admit that I was glad to awaken from this dream at that point....
have a great Sunday!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear you're having such a great time at your music festival. brings back such great memories....i haven't done a summer/music festival in a few years....i like how simple your set up looks. nice use of those boxes!
filling up the pockets and emptying the boxes is the best :)

Barbara Rogers said...

That's the first time I've heard "spending a penny." I'll have to ask around and see if anyone else knows the term. Hope you have another great day of selling pottery!

Michèle Hastings said...

I would have woken up when they started smoking too. Have a great day three!

cookingwithgas said...

crazy! I love a good dream.

smalltownme said...

You have the CRAZIEST dreams!

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Ha! You crack me up. You should publish a book of your weird dreams. Have fun at the festivus!

cm said...

I seldom remember my dreams, and the ones I do are never as much fun as that!

Real Live Lesbian said...

I think I love your dream kitchen, too! Sounds perfect! And that's the cutest little elephant teapot ever!

Cheri @ Blog This Mom!® said...

Oh my gosh, I do so love your dreams! The best part of this one is that YOU LIVED IN CALIFORNIA!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.